IMDb > "Men at Law" (1970) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Men at Law" More at IMDbPro »"Storefront Lawyers" (original title)

The Storefront Lawyers.....gone but not forgotten

Author: saturngoddess1230 from United States
28 July 2005

i guess i'm the only old TV junkie who remembers this show. "The Storefront Lawyers" was a 70s inspired launching pad for law shows to come in the 80s, like "LA Law", "The Practice" and of course my favorite of the "law" shows, "Law & Order." The opening theme music was kinda hip and catchy and performed by The Ventures. all in all, though this show had a short life, nonetheless it goes down in the book of 70s shows, including "The Mod Squad". FYI: Robert Foxworth has made numerous guest appearances on the "Law and Order" shows ;-)

Of course i still remember Perry Mason, but growing up in the 60s &70s, "The Mod Squad" , "The Storefront Lawyers" "The Name of the Game" and "Judd for the Defense" are long forgotten shows that should be a part of oldies TV stations. perhaps one day they will....

I Remember Storefront Lawyers!

Author: skyfox37 from United States
29 August 2008

You are not the only one who remembers "Storefront Lawyers" aka "Men At Law". I was in the eighth grade in 1970; I wrote out the music for the "Men At Law" theme song with help from my band director and had tried many times to record the original theme song but my cassette player always messed up. I have found the theme song online and finally have a decent copy.

Storefront/Men At Law inspired me to read law books and become knowledgeable about the legal process, which came in handy the next year when my dad left and a divorce/custody battle ensued. I represented my brother, sister, and myself before a juvenile court judge where we became wards of the state.

I wish I had become an attorney; instead I went into electronics where there are no high-paying jobs as everything is throw away today.