IMDb > "The Engelbert Humperdinck Show" (1969) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Expose my wish to buy videos of the E.H. show (if available).

Author: belmonton from Mexico
4 January 2007

Well, my comment consists in two parts:

1.- How could I get (purchase) the videos of the two E.H. episodes of the Engelbert Humperdinck show? Are there some more?

2,- I saw those episodes when I was fourteen years old and I loved them, (his most beautiful voice is still lingering on my memory, specially "Spanish eyes" which is a very beautiful version, and "Ilmondo" still shakes my heart with that memory, and also "Am I that easy to forget" has that special part to be alive on my mind. Of course there were more songs but I cannot write them here due to space availability.

Please, if you would, let me know regarding the purchase of the videos. Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Amazing Enge.

Author: endjie from Amsterdam
6 March 2001

This is indeed an amazing performance of Engelbert Humperdinck in his heydays. During this period (late sixties-begin seventies) he was in the best vocal shape of his life. His voice was extremely powerful, and he presented it all with great ease. This video also gives a good impression of the image of the sex symbol he was in the seventies. In the television shows he performed all of his great hits, and also unknown songs like My wife the dancer. Watching the video could give you a slightly melancholic feeling, because nowadays Engelbert is just a shadow of the singer he was in those days. His career is probably too long, like Sinatra's and Muhammad Ali's careers were. Seems to be hard to stop at the peak....

Die Hard Fan

Author: fgobin1959 from United States
23 February 2007

I am a big fan of Engelbert especially retro Englebert and of the original TV series.For years I have been researching in trying to purchase or obtain videos of the TV show and have been unsuccessful.Any information from IMDb members on how to go about acquiring these videos will be greatly appreciated.I have fortunate enough to attend countless number of his concerts and have enjoyed them all.I do however wish he would perform some of his more obscure hits like WINTER WORLD OF LOVE and ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE which would be very nostalgic and interesting to experience by revisiting his TV shows.I hope that there's another big fan out there who would be able to provide some helpful information in obtaining these videos

Enjoyable movie, with clips from a number of shows

Author: lindalfairbairn from United States
10 June 2006

I own this movie, and enjoy it very much. Engelbert takes you through most of his major hits, and his voice is exceptional. However, this is not an entire live show, but clips from several shows.

I feel that Engelbert, while excellent in this movie, has grown considerably as an entertainer over the years. He was, in my opinion, a little stiff in this movie...his later movies and live shows are more in tune with his audience.

Nevertheless, this movie is very good and nostalgic, and any Engelbert fan will thoroughly enjoy it, and even those who are not true fans will find it worthwhile.

Incredible performer.

Author: john de kroon (tenmile) from b.c. canada
6 September 1999

Anyone interested in seeing a fine performance of a great singer and family man who has entertained millions around the world with an incredible voice and great love songs will be delighted to view any of the shows that Engelbert has ever done. My thanks to all involved in his t.v. broadcasts in the past and future. I'm waiting for more.