IMDb > Naked Angels (1969) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Naked Angels More at IMDbPro »

Buy The Poster, Forget The Movie

Author: legwarmers1980 from United States
31 July 2005

Video stores and companies were charging $150.00 to copy a copy of Naked Angels. They are crazy! I saw this movie when it first came out at the Thunderbird Drive-In in Fort Lauderdale. The movie stunk. I mean there were a few very minor good points: the beautiful and sexy Jennifer Gans(blond, tan and built!), Las Vegas in it's hip-days, and that's about it.

The acting stinks. Mike Green as a leading man is revolting. The guy can't act, he looks like he didn't change his clothes for a month, and he keeps flopping off his motorcycle. Where did they get some of these actors; most look like desert hermits or Vegas homeless.

The one-sheet poster for this film is outstanding. Cheesy looking with neat 60s artwork of a horde of outlaw bikers and a beautiful girl. The poster sells for, you guessed it, $150.00! So, buy the cool poster and forget seeing this turkey.

I've seen worse...MUCH worse...

Author: Gangsteroctopus (gangsteroctopus@socal.rr.com) from SoCal
15 March 2002

Okay, yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for the biker film genre and this certainly ranks nowhere the tops in the category (that would have to go to "Hell's Belles" or "Chrome and Hot Leather"). But there are plenty of others that are MUCH worse ("Satan's Sadists" leaps to mind, which really only has its title going for it). This one gets at least an extra half point for Jennifer Gan's lace-up leather pants alone, plus another half point for the fact that the guy who plays the protagonist, Mother, recently played George Bush (!) in the TV movie "The Day They Shot the President". The soundtrack is pretty cool too - nothing on, say, "Zabriskie Point", but for a Roger Corman production, not bad at all. A lot of the cinematography is pretty inventive too, for example the Vegas footage, with its still montages and big close-ups of all the (now mostly gone) bright neon signage. This is a pretty rare film on video, but if you can track it down and you're a fan of the genre (like me), it's definitely worth a rental.

The Worst Biker Film of the 1960s!

Author: angelsunchained from United States
30 December 2004

The only reason that I can think of to see this 10th rate motorcyle rip-off of The Wild Angels, is to see the beautiful Jennifer Gan.

The soundtrack is muffled, the acting is wooded, and the editing is a mess. Mike Green stars as "Mother". He falls off his motorcycle more times than a mailman slips on an icey sidewalk. His "romantic" scenes with Gan is as romantic as watching a barking dog chasing a cat. This bore-snore lacks excitement, good scenery, or even a laugh or two. It has however reached "cult-legend" status; I guess because it's the major stinker of the decade. The movie poster of this film is one of the best there is in biker film art. Even with blonde bomb-shell Gan (who rates a 10), I can only rate this film two thumbs down!

Richard Rust

Author: moonchildiva from Motown
11 November 2004

OK, so for ME, just Richard Rust as Fingers, the 3rd star of this film, was enough to buy it. I've seen it priced at $150 but somehow I found a cheaper copy on ebay where it seems to be always available. Seriously, I enjoyed the film, it really did have its moments, and since 1969's the year I graduated, it kind of had some meaning... haha. The plot summary on IMDb is perfect, the writer hits it succinctly. He should have mentioned Richard Rust though since no matter what, he's the STAR of this movie. Somewhere in the middle, Rust gives the speech which sends Mother out into the desert alone, and that's the best part of the movie. I watched him twice and thought, Why wasn't HE in The Godfather?? I recommend this film for this reason especially. www.moonchildiva.com

One of the worst films ever...and not in a good way.

Author: elvisguy from Los Angeles, CA
4 March 1999

This film is terrible. If you were to take out the scenes of the gang riding their motorcycles, this film would only be about 20 minutes long. The acting is not believable and you couldn't give a rat's ass whether the characters live or die. The best actor in the film is a gas station attendant who rubs a gun in a very suggestive manner while whining about raping dogs. If you ever get the chance to watch this film, don't do it. It's just a waste of time.

'Tis Garbage.