Scooby Doo, Where Are You! (1969–1970)
- Freddy: "Geoff", later "Ronnie" (Freddy was actually identified as Ronnie on the final storyboards for the first few episodes of the series)
- Daphne: "Kelly"
- Velma: "Linda"
- Scooby-Doo: "Too Much" (as in: "That's just too much!" a popular catchphrase of the time)
- "Freddy and Daphne go off and have sex when the gang splits up to look for clues. This is why we hardly ever see them actually looking for any clues; we always see Shaggy, Scooby and Velma by themselves." Actually, the reason we never see Freddy or Daphne when the gang splits-up is because creators/writers Joe Ruby and Ken Spears found writing for Fred and Daphne (the "straight" characters, in contrast to the more comedic other three characters) boring. Therefore, they would always find an excuse to split the gang up, so that they could focus on writing gags for Shaggy, Scooby and Velma (who in later episodes found herself "splitting-up" with Fred and Daphne, so that the writers could devote even more screen time to Shaggy and Scooby).
- "Velma is a lesbian; she has a crush on Daphne." Just because Velma's boyfriend is not a member of the gang like Daphne's is does not make her a lesbian. Neither does her being paired with Daphne when Freddy goes off on his own to find clues. The writers actually seem to imply in a number of episodes that Velma and Shaggy are seeing each other (they are often paired together at dances and such in the series).
- "Shaggy is a pothead/drug addict. That's why he has the munchies and he always sees the ghosts (hallucinations) before the others." and its variant, "Scooby Snacks contain drugs." The first one may be the only rumor on this list with some truth to it. Shaggy is a "beatnik/hippie"-type character, and beatniks and hippies were known for their "free-thinking" ways, which often included the uses of drugs such as marijuana, LSD, etc. However, not all beatniks and hippies used drugs, and it is very possible, considering this is a Saturday morning television show, that Shaggy was one of those beatniks/hippies that didn't. The second one is completely false: Scooby Snacks are nothing more than regular doggie treats (it's not much of a stretch to imagine a guy who would eat chocolate-covered hot dogs, chocolate-covered corn-on-the-cob, and "liverwurst ala mode" eating doggie treats if you really think about it).