IMDb > Der Tod im roten Jaguar (1968) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Der Tod im roten Jaguar More at IMDbPro »

Forgettable 60s crime film from Germany

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
16 July 2016

"Der Tod im roten Jaguar" or "Death in the Red Jaguar" is a West German /Italian co-production that resulted in this German-language film from 1968, which will have its 50th anniversary two years from now. The star here is maybe the director as Harald Reinl later became an Oscar nominee and is still fairly known here in Germany for his Winnetou films. Like most his other works, this one here is in color and focuses on one man in particular: Jerry Cotton. He is an FBI agent who keeps solving crimes. That's basically all you need to know. here and there, we see a gunfight, some attractive young women and fast sports cars like the one mentioned here in the title. There are quite a lot German films from back then, even if most of these really aren't that famous. This one here is possibly the most known today. It's also the first I saw from the franchise (except the new one starring Christian Tramitz) and I cannot say it got me curious about any of the others. It wasn't a failure, but the plot and acting did not really convince me. I also felt that George Nader was maybe too old for the character, especially in the face of these young attractive women surrounding him. Overall, this film was too generic and uninspired for my taste. I do not recommend seeing these 90 minutes. Thumbs down.