Connect with IMDb

2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2007

1 item from 2013

10 Most Obvious Paycheck Movies Ever Made

1 May 2013 2:04 AM, PDT | Obsessed with Film | See recent Obsessed with Film news »

We’ve all worked in a job we shouldn’t have because, well, we needed the money. I remember once spending a series of desolate evenings stuffing envelopes for a PR company, not to satisfy an overwhelming stationery fetish, but because the rent had gone up. Right now you may well be at work surreptitiously reading this article before returning your attentions to a job which is feeding relentlessly on your very soul. I’ve been there, and I feel for you.

Actors are pretty much the same. Of course, the rewards may well be much greater than those for, say, a call centre advisor, but it’s still a job. The statistics for the acting profession make scary reading, with something like 92% of actors out of work at any given time. What is most telling is that it is the same 8% who tend to work continuously whilst the remaining 92% never get a chance. »

- Basil Creese Jr

Permalink | Report a problem

2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2007

1 item from 2013, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners