IMDb > Double Trouble (1967) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Double Trouble

Double Trouble More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Big trouble for anyone watching...

Author: moonspinner55 from las vegas, nv
4 July 2005

Okay, so Elvis Presley movies aren't the creme de la creme of the cinema, but "Double Trouble" really scrapes the barrel's bottom. Despite it being 1967, the film seems to take place in a 1930s screwball surreality, with a teenage heiress being followed by bad guys and Elvis alternately in love with her and the numerous other girls on the trail. He plays a rock singer touring smoky dives overseas, and newcomer Annette Day is his 17-year-old main squeeze ("18 in only four days!"). There must have been no shortage of nubile young actresses in 1967 who would've loved a co-starring part in a Presley picture, so why the producers picked sugary, harmless Annette Day is anybody's guess (she looks and sounds like Samantha Eggar's baby sister--with Deborah Walley's hairdo). An embarrassing movie for all concerned, and arguably Elvis' worst. NO STARS from ****

DVD was made from bad master

Author: cealban-1 from United States
4 May 2007

I do not know if other copies are as bad as mine, but My copy of this move has areas in it that the sound is not in sync with the film, it is very obvious that the film broke multiple times and jumped sprocket even more. I was very unhappy with it, as it really detracted from the quality. I would like to know if others have had this trouble, my copy is a Warner Brothers logo ISBN 0-7907-4555-0, UPC 012569514126. Other than that, I felt that this was a typical Elvis movie, Annette Day is certainly cute, but I have never seen an Elvis movie that did not have beautiful women in it. The thought of the King driving a Volkswagen Bug is hilarious, but having the sync problems is a true shame.

Falling Down Drunk

Author: wes-connors from Earth
16 August 2007

Elvis Presley plays an alcoholic singer trying to avoid being seduced by underage heiress Annette Day. Ms. Day's uncle is as after her as she is after Elvis. I enjoyed most of the music performed by Elvis in this one. "Long Legged Girl", "City by Night", and "Double Trouble" are good songs; they give the film a nice Swinging Sixties feel. Problem is, you also have to sit through Elvis singing "Old McDonald had a farm…"

Mr. Presley's perpetual stated of being "wasted" during this film makes his drunk scenes believable, reminding me of Dudley Moore in "Arthur". I'm not sure how much of this was an act, though. I'm guessing Elvis is supposed to be sober-looking sometimes; if so, there should have been some sort of "intervention" by Presley's family and friends after viewing this film. Leon Askin (from "Hogan's Heroes") leads a fun cast/crew supporting Elvis. If it could have been re-worked as a surreal "Arthur", the movie might have worked.

*** Double Trouble (4/5/67) Norman Taurog ~ Elvis Presley, Annette Day, Leon Askin

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]