IMDb > 6-18-67 (1967) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

6-18-67 More at IMDbPro »

Nothingness

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
20 February 2016

"6-18-67" is a 4.5-minute short film from almost 50 years ago filmed by George Lucas, who was in his 20s at this point and still a while away from his biggest achievements. This one here is a contender for his least known work and also for his worst I assume. It's a bit of a behind-the-scenes documentary short film made at the set of "MacKenna's Gold" starring Gregory Peck, Omar Sharif and Telly Savalas, but we hardly see anything from the set. With one exception in the middle of the film, this is basically 4 minutes of desert and the quality is really bad while the contents are extremely uninteresting. Even if Lucas was still very young when he made this one, it was far from his first works, so I'd have guessed he would have been better and more experienced already at this point. I was wrong. Also looking at how prolific Lucas was in his first years as a filmmaker, it may have been a bit too much and possibly the reason why he stopped directing film so quickly after "Star Wars" for a very long time. Anyway, this film here is as uncreative as its title and I do not recommend checking it out. Major thumbs-down from me.

Fair Short from Lucas

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
25 May 2015

6-18-67 (1967)

** (out of 4)

This four-minute short from George Lucas was filmed on the set of MACKENNA'S GOLD, the 1969 Gregory Peck movie. I'm really not sure why Lucas was on the set but I hope it wasn't to record anything that was actually happening on the set. This short movie really doesn't contain any behind-the-scenes stuff from MACKENNA'S GOLD outside of some fuzzy and out of focus shots. We get to hear a little from the cast and crew through voice-overs but that's about it. The majority of the running time is just shots of the sunset, various plants and items like this. There's certainly nothing bad with this short but it certainly doesn't contain anything special.