IMDb > "Cowboy in Africa" (1967) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Cowboy in Africa" More at IMDbPro »

Rip-roaring Rodeo in Africa.

Author: jonesy74-1 from United States
9 October 2005

Square-jawed, super tall Chuck Connors takes on Africa. One of Ivan Tors' series based on Tors' own 1967 movie, "Africa, Texas Style" starring Hugh O'Brien.

A retired British Commander hires Texas Cowboy Jim Sinclair (Chuck Connors) to help him teach the Masai how to domesticate wild animals American Style.

As a Chuck Connors fan, I was glad to see him back in action after a bad run on "Branded," an unusually silly Western series that had him going town to town running from a charge of cowardice in the U.S. Cavalry.

Was this better? In some ways. Not a great series, but definitely fun. It was running around the time of the Tarzan with Ron Ely and Daktari (whose theme song went "Daktari - Daktari - Daktari, Daktari, Daktari") - both, shows about Africa.

I don't remember much about the series, except, Jim Sinclair dressed in Safari garb, carried a big carbine rifle, and rode a horse.

Also, I remember lots and lots of African animals. It wasn't that great of a series, but it kept me entertained. Nothing Connors did could rival "The Rifleman," I don't believe.