One Of My All Time Faves

Author: snarkyardvark from Canada
31 July 2006

I used to love this show as a kid. I remember many Saturday mornings watching the adventures of these guys, along with Frankenstein Jr. I always found it cool how their stage converted into a flying car, boat, or submarine as needed. And their guitars having TV monitor's for contacting their boss - big D. I've seen the classic cartoon running on TV in recent years and I find that I still enjoy it a lot. My young niece also considers it her favorite as well. One of the things I really love about the show was the great music. Part surf punk and part Merseybeat. You seldom hear more than a few snippets in the cartoons themselves though, and most of the songs seem to appear in at least 3 or more episodes. One song I love in particular might be called "Idy Idy Oooh" or something to that effect. I wish I knew who did the music for this show and if a soundtrack/novelty album was ever released. Or even if sheet music of this great music is available. This show really rocked. I'd give this thing a ten out of ten except it does not seem to have the complete series.

Loved it as a kid.

Author: Alberto (a_genda) from México.
8 June 2001

It really comes as a surprise the limited number of episodes for this series (just 18 episodes).

I didn't care much for Frankenstein Jr., but boy!, "The Impossibles", they were something else!

A Quartet of musicians (like the Fab Four) that were also superheroes, real fun concept, silly superpowers and the drawings were slightly stylized, great, healthy, harmless fun.

If you can see these, I highly recommend it!

Impossibles

Author: Jim-499 from United States
22 May 2002

One of the "Impossibles" could turm to water and the other had springs legs. Have not seem them in 35 years.

Liked Frankenstein Junior Too. SOme little kid would sit on his back while he flew. THis Frankenstein was 25 feet tall.

Favorite

Author: SipteaHighTea
8 January 2010

Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles were my favorite show. I just wish they did play the songs of the Impossibles in their entirely. My favorite song was about a girl name Sally Annie, and part of the words to the song was "turn to the east, and turn to the west".

Its too bad they did not have their songs on a CD like the Banana Splits did. I would have love to buy and play it. I did not know that there were only 18 episodes of that cartoon show.

I don't why the people who own the copyrights to let the people buy them on places like Amazon. Shows like these are part of our culture and history and to deny our future generations the opportunity of seeing these shows is cultural genocide.