IMDb > "Daktari" (1966) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Daktari" More at IMDbPro »

My Favorite Show as a Child

Author: lambiepie-2 from Los Angeles, CA
4 October 2005

This was the best family show around for its time. Although I was very young when this aired, I loved this and "Flipper".

They don't (won't) make programming such as this anymore for network television...probably because there isn't a market for something so simplistic but entertaining to all. There were elements in this show for every member of the family. But of course it was Judy the monkey and Clarence the cross-eyed lion that captured the child in me. And of course, Marshall Thompson was a vet (my first exposure to one!) in one of the most exotic and troubled locations in this world and Yale Summers was...very, very....cute.

Plus being a big music fan as I was with older siblings, I cannot ever forget the theme song of "Daktari". Why? Well, for all you music buffs (if I am not mistaken...please correct me!) members (or all) of group that performed the song was of Osibisa. Too Cool!!! Great family programming of an age long gone in television.

Wonderful Series

Author: Fresh Prince from London
10 April 2001

It's been a while since I watched any episodes, but they are unmissable any time they're on TV, you gotta watch it.

Humorous, funny, interesting, learning, and sight seeing - these great adventures of our wild life preservation heroes will keep occupied the youngest & people of all ages.

You gotta love wicked chimp Judy, and cross-eyed lion Clarence in his almost child like form of pet lion.

And there's Jack & wonderful Paula, helping Dr. March in his efforts, it's just great show, many adventures :)