IMDb > Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Bustin' out all over.

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
28 April 2007

I really didn't know what to think of this movie. I liked it and hated it all at the same time. It's about this group of women who have huge breasts and they go racing, they kidnap this girl and end up at this old guys house. I liked the main character with the eyelashes because she was so mean. There is so much sexual innuendo in this movie that it becomes quite hilarious. The whole scene where they are eating lunch just cracked me up. There is a lot in this movie that makes no sense to me at all such as the woman kissing the oldest son. That didn't blend well with the rest of the movie but it was funny. I still don't know if I like or dislike this movie. It's a great cult movie but it borders on the line of being too cheesy. Try it.

Tura Satana rocks!

Author: nidregud from Asker, Norway
1 November 1999

Silly, but very entertaining. Tura Satana rocks! How come that we seldom see her in other movies? I love the violence, Satana is queen of Kung-Fu! This is probably one of the best B-movies of all time. It comes second only to "Pink Flamingos", by John Waters.

a Grindhouse masterpiece

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
11 January 2009

How ironic that perhaps Russ Meyer's best film should not include one naked breast? This is not to say his penchant for the upper female anatomy isn't on display, far from it: his main squeeze, luscious and "Stallion"-like Tutra Satana shows more cleavage than two dozen Victoria Secret commercials. But this time, even more so than Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Meyer focuses on his form, which is one of the most fascinating things to experience in modern cinema. It hit its apex here, and still showed itself fine in Dolls and under-seen Supervixens. He's got a knack for natural balls-to-the-wall awesomely-bad comedy, the likes of which are a brand of its own. At the same time he's also a consummate professional, even arguably an auteur, who crafts his pictures without the least bit of amateurish sloppiness.

Practically every image sparks and crackles off the screen clearly, and the editing makes it feel much more like a movie that came out recently than something well over 40 years ago (in fact Tarantino is rumored to remake it, which upon inspection of the original material is not a very good idea). What is Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! *about* you might ask? Not very much in terms of real solid plot, actually: it's about a few hot-riding chicks (yes, I'll call them chicks, feminists) who ride around in their cars fast, drinking "hard" stuff, and wearing clothes that make some (i.e. old Republican in the wheelchair), and some other straight-laced guy and his chick come by in another car, and a race ensues and when the race is lost a fight breaks out, the guy is karate-chopped to death, and the rest of the girls high-tail it out of their to some farm where a rotten old man in a wheelchair and two sons (one a muscle-bound Spartan with two brain cells and a million times more brawn, the other just a regular "cute" guy Satara wants to have her way with) take them in reluctantly.

So just from that little description, you can see where this might go. But then again, you might not. This is such a classic that only real fans of this particular kind of trashy movie will be able to appreciate. Are there great performances? Depends on what you think of Satara with a voice that usually goes up to yelling level to get dramatic and often acts tough enough that Clint Eastwood might be liable to pee himself, while the big galut barely utters a word and one of the girls (the blonde one, I forget her name) usually dances and makes comments like "Me Jane, you Tarzan." But really, what's on display here isn't masterpiece theater: it's what the audience wants and wants so bad that they can taste it through their drive-in mirrors, their sticky low-rent theater seats, through their (unfortunate) bootleg DVDs.

This movie simply has, even by Russ Meyer standards, more intentional and/or unintentional comedy and more kick-ass take-no-damn-prisoners violence and not-really-X-rated sexual content than any other movie I can think of from its period. In its own right it's as influential as Night of the Living Dead, or from a more independent cinema perspective Cassavetes' Shadows. Not to compare them exactly, but what Meyer has here is something that breaks through: it's no longer just some B movie with really bad acting and a bad plot and dialog that could make people want to hang themselves. It's actually fantastic dialog and skillful and creative camera-work and editing that beat the pants off of most action films from the decade let alone 1965. In its own kind of way, with its fast cars and hot/mean chicks and un-apologetic stereotypes and outrageous language as cinema and with the writing, its a masterpiece. Whether or no you'll want to see it I leave up to your discretion... ah, hell with it, see it or be square! A+

A great film worth watching!

Author: Jesse M from United States
21 October 2006

This film is one of my favorites. The main characters are empowered attractive women who love fast cars, the fast life and making their own rules. I love the dialog in the film. It is very witty and enthralling, however, the dialog is more catch phrases that Shakespearian prose which fits in well with the film and makes it a cult classic. All the characters are not what they seem which gives the movie great plot twists. Of all the Russ Meyers films, this is the one that made the least amount of money which seems to be attributed to the lack of nudity. I personally do not find that to be a flaw because there is plenty of cleavage and booty to keep guys' eyes glued to the screen. To sum it all up, if you like beautiful busty girls, fast cars, great catch phrases and lots of action, then you will not be disappointed by this film! It is definitely worth watching!

I love this film!

Author: Evan Anderson from Wilkesboro, N.C.
11 May 2004

I saw this film once for the first time and I have to (and hate to) admit that while I thought it was decent I was a bit disappointed. Then I realized that i couldn't stop thinking about it and thinking about how impressed I was with the ending. I had to see it again. I did and the second time I loved it! It doesn't have a complex plot, but Russ Meyer was never known for such things. If you want to know the plot I'm sure other reviewers can tell you. It contains certain trademarks of Russ Meyer. It has well-endowed women playing lead roles, archetypes and stereotypes, and ends with a scene of violence. The characters are great! This is considered the best Russ Meyer film with good reason. It is essential viewing for any of his fans or for people just wanting to check out his work. Like most of his films it is a hilarious satire on sex and violence in all it's glory. If you like this one another essential one of his is Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-vixens. This film is for more than Russ Meyer fans, but the people that think Matrix Reloaded is the best film ever should steer clear. The dimestore dialogue, trademark editing, and beautiful B&W Russ Meyer quality look would most likely be lost on them anyway. This film is rare so if you're lucky enough to find a copy rent it. You can probably find it sold on ebay or amazon.com if your hopes are high enough to buy it. I think it's worth the money either way. I wish this would come out on DVD. Russ Meyer I salute you!

Priceless trash!!

Author: len colby (len@elogica.com.br) from Brazzzzzil
5 January 1999

GO GO GIRLS GO WILD & WREAK MAYHEM ON MEN!!!

One of the all time classic trash B-movies and in my humble opinion Russ Meyer's greatest work (one of the few that had an actual plot). He claimed it was based on a Greek myth (If anyone know which please let me know). It's late at night and I'm to tired to be more articulate and do 'Pussycat' justice.

If you've seen it, see it again.

If haven't go to it!

If have but didn't like it you're hopeless!

Dames, Trains and Automobiles

Author: Tom Willett (yonhope) from Central Midwest, USA
12 May 2005

Hi, Everyone, When a movie has one comma and three exclamation points in the title, it has to be good.

This was made during that era when a few strangers could gather around the table for a chicken and corn on the cob dinner in that old fashioned way. One person at the table could talk about how much he hates his son. Another could drink wine until she passes out. A third could try to find out where the old man keeps his treasure.

Then when the kidnap victim escapes again they could all go out searching for her. Unfortunately, a train goes by and toots its horn and the big Tarzan guy runs home.

The music is good throughout the movie. The service station attendant gets some laughs as he lays pipe (exposition, plot revelation) while he gazes through the windshield of the mean killer girl's car.

Fight scenes are imaginative and usually funny. Car chases are low budget but good for Saturday night bad movie get togethers. This is one of those people vs. people, people vs. car, people vs. knife, lunchtime frolics we see too little of today.

There is one scene where a chase is taking place down a railroad track. It would have been funny if it could have been resolved the way they did it in Abbot and Costello's "Ride 'Em Cowboy." If you like this I recommend "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" and "Amazons." There is also a fight scene in "Diamonds Are Forever" between James Bond and a tough Vegas showgirl.

Tom Willett

Sweet and touching ... bring the family.

Author: dave-sturm from Baltimore
23 February 2008

This is my favorite Disney movie.

Few people know it's based on a novel by Louisa May Alcott.

The scene where the brave prince rescues little Amy always gets to me.

And the things the Old Wise Man says ... well, that's advice more people should emulate.

Remember the part where the little fawn is taking a drink at the brook, then looks up and a sunbeam comes down through the glade and makes him blink? Does it get any better than that? I get a catch in my throat every time.

I give it ten bluebirds of happiness. Sniff.

My teapot is whistling. Better go.

Not good

Author: patchesalseier from USA
18 May 2015

I was surprised to see just how awful this movie was after all the buzz: "ultra-violent," "raunchy," "lots of booty," "savage," and many more superlatives are used to describe "Faster Pussycat." In reality it's dumb, dull, and docile.

Yes, there are some buxom-y ladies (but no nudity--not even ni---ple-bumps, and no sex, etc.), and some people do die--or I guess they do, as there's almost no blood when it happens (even after a "brutal" stabbing--and we have to watch that from behind the stabber so nothing is seen. The victim falls bloodless to the ground, but I guess there's a little redness on the knife?).

I think Faster Pussycat might really have been meant as a straight comedy instead of an exploitation thriller; the "fight" scenes are laughable (such as a large woman "karate-chopping" a guy hard enough to give him a slight massage--but it kills him anyway), and the dialogue is inane.

The story is slight, the scenery is humdrum (arid landscape for most of it) and the acting is horrible. It's not bad enough to rise to a "good, bad" movie, and it's not good enough for a cult classic. I have no idea why this thing even rates a look. Frankly I was shocked to find the lowest stars this movie gets--besides my rating--is like only four or five.

I'm giving this tripe a "2" just because it has some notoriety. My advice . . . don't see it, and above all don't pull this out for you and all your friends to enjoy--they won't.

The early days of exploitation.

Author: Boba_Fett1138 from Groningen, The Netherlands
25 June 2011

In a way these sleazy '60's flicks are really being the predecessors of the '70's exploitation movies, especially this movie, since it's also featuring lots of violence, next to a whole lot of cleavage but no nudity though.

Despite the fact that women get portrayed as sex objects in this movie, they are still the ones that are also being the strongest characters out of the movie. You really better don't mess with this girls, unless you have a death wish. It's a movie that celebrates the power and independence of women by also showing their sexual power and independence.

It in all honesty is a well shot and told movie. The editing, the camera-work, the storytelling, it is all done quite well and professionally, which isn't something you would perhaps normally expect from a movie within this genre. But Russ Meyer was known as the Fellini of the sex-industry for a good reason. His style was really classy and he truly knew what he was doing and had an obvious passion for it. This movie is not just made for the money, or else it would had been filled with way more sex and nudity but it also has plenty of artistic and more noble integrity to it.

I only wished that the story for this movie would had been a better one though. The story seems like a pretty odd one to me, in which also not always an awful lot is happening. What the movie is also really missing is a good and likable main character you could care for. It really isn't a very likely movie to watch and things that happen in this movie just don't always click. I understand its oddness is part of its appeal and makes this movie unique and original but I think that some more substance wouldn't had harmed this movie and could had also make it a more interesting and exciting one to watch.

Well worth a watch but it's just not a cult classic in my book.

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]