IMDb > Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Grindhouse At Its Best!

Author: chow913 from United States
1 May 2012

Grindhouse At Its Best! I've only recently gotten into Russ Meyer films and I find him to be one of the most underrated screenwriters ever. His films are a lot more than just sex and violence. Sure there's plenty of it. But it's done within the context of original characters and gripping stories that keep you hanging on to every last scene.

One forgotten aspect of the grindhouse genre is the lack of profanity. While 1965 standards didn't allow four letter words Russ Meyer out smarts the sensors by proving just how imaginative he can be with sexual innuendos and dirty insults. Much like Frank Miller comics. It's much more imaginative than just the same old, "F you mother effer." The plot: Three bad girl beauties Varla, Rosie, and Billie are on the hunt for trouble in the deserts of the South West.

After drag racing a couple, Varla beats the boyfriend to death just for kicks, and the trio keep his innocent girlfriend as their new plaything.

A gas station attendant tells the girls about an elderly man "The old Man" whom recently got a huge cash settlement from the railroad after an accident left him paralyzed. The girls drive out to his desert ranch looking for a big and easy score.

What they don't know is The Old Man lives with his two slow witted sons the peaceful Kirk and the dumb ox Vegetable. Ever since being paralyzed the family has been picking up pretty girls to murder for fun.

It's the bad girls versus the psycho guys! Each thinking they're smarter than the other by pretending to be something they're not.

Russ Meyer Classic Film

Author: whpratt1 from United States
18 August 2007

Was able to tape this film which was shown recently on TV and found it quite interesting with very attractive gals who took complete control of every situation in the film. These woman were very well built and were able to control men with every move they made. Most of the film was made outside in the desert and there were some men who met their doom and others who never made it out of the desert. However, some of these gals met up with a Samson type guy who was able to make all the girls lick their lips in desire. One very attractive gal found a knife in her back and others were being chased by a car down a railroad track. Russ Meyer made a masterpiece of this film which will entertainment many generations of movie goers.

Bustin' out all over.

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
28 April 2007

I really didn't know what to think of this movie. I liked it and hated it all at the same time. It's about this group of women who have huge breasts and they go racing, they kidnap this girl and end up at this old guys house. I liked the main character with the eyelashes because she was so mean. There is so much sexual innuendo in this movie that it becomes quite hilarious. The whole scene where they are eating lunch just cracked me up. There is a lot in this movie that makes no sense to me at all such as the woman kissing the oldest son. That didn't blend well with the rest of the movie but it was funny. I still don't know if I like or dislike this movie. It's a great cult movie but it borders on the line of being too cheesy. Try it.

Tura Satana rocks!

Author: nidregud from Asker, Norway
1 November 1999

Silly, but very entertaining. Tura Satana rocks! How come that we seldom see her in other movies? I love the violence, Satana is queen of Kung-Fu! This is probably one of the best B-movies of all time. It comes second only to "Pink Flamingos", by John Waters.

a Grindhouse masterpiece

Author: MisterWhiplash from United States
11 January 2009

How ironic that perhaps Russ Meyer's best film should not include one naked breast? This is not to say his penchant for the upper female anatomy isn't on display, far from it: his main squeeze, luscious and "Stallion"-like Tutra Satana shows more cleavage than two dozen Victoria Secret commercials. But this time, even more so than Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, Meyer focuses on his form, which is one of the most fascinating things to experience in modern cinema. It hit its apex here, and still showed itself fine in Dolls and under-seen Supervixens. He's got a knack for natural balls-to-the-wall awesomely-bad comedy, the likes of which are a brand of its own. At the same time he's also a consummate professional, even arguably an auteur, who crafts his pictures without the least bit of amateurish sloppiness.

Practically every image sparks and crackles off the screen clearly, and the editing makes it feel much more like a movie that came out recently than something well over 40 years ago (in fact Tarantino is rumored to remake it, which upon inspection of the original material is not a very good idea). What is Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! *about* you might ask? Not very much in terms of real solid plot, actually: it's about a few hot-riding chicks (yes, I'll call them chicks, feminists) who ride around in their cars fast, drinking "hard" stuff, and wearing clothes that make some (i.e. old Republican in the wheelchair), and some other straight-laced guy and his chick come by in another car, and a race ensues and when the race is lost a fight breaks out, the guy is karate-chopped to death, and the rest of the girls high-tail it out of their to some farm where a rotten old man in a wheelchair and two sons (one a muscle-bound Spartan with two brain cells and a million times more brawn, the other just a regular "cute" guy Satara wants to have her way with) take them in reluctantly.

So just from that little description, you can see where this might go. But then again, you might not. This is such a classic that only real fans of this particular kind of trashy movie will be able to appreciate. Are there great performances? Depends on what you think of Satara with a voice that usually goes up to yelling level to get dramatic and often acts tough enough that Clint Eastwood might be liable to pee himself, while the big galut barely utters a word and one of the girls (the blonde one, I forget her name) usually dances and makes comments like "Me Jane, you Tarzan." But really, what's on display here isn't masterpiece theater: it's what the audience wants and wants so bad that they can taste it through their drive-in mirrors, their sticky low-rent theater seats, through their (unfortunate) bootleg DVDs.

This movie simply has, even by Russ Meyer standards, more intentional and/or unintentional comedy and more kick-ass take-no-damn-prisoners violence and not-really-X-rated sexual content than any other movie I can think of from its period. In its own right it's as influential as Night of the Living Dead, or from a more independent cinema perspective Cassavetes' Shadows. Not to compare them exactly, but what Meyer has here is something that breaks through: it's no longer just some B movie with really bad acting and a bad plot and dialog that could make people want to hang themselves. It's actually fantastic dialog and skillful and creative camera-work and editing that beat the pants off of most action films from the decade let alone 1965. In its own kind of way, with its fast cars and hot/mean chicks and un-apologetic stereotypes and outrageous language as cinema and with the writing, its a masterpiece. Whether or no you'll want to see it I leave up to your discretion... ah, hell with it, see it or be square! A+

A great film worth watching!

Author: Jesse M from United States
21 October 2006

This film is one of my favorites. The main characters are empowered attractive women who love fast cars, the fast life and making their own rules. I love the dialog in the film. It is very witty and enthralling, however, the dialog is more catch phrases that Shakespearian prose which fits in well with the film and makes it a cult classic. All the characters are not what they seem which gives the movie great plot twists. Of all the Russ Meyers films, this is the one that made the least amount of money which seems to be attributed to the lack of nudity. I personally do not find that to be a flaw because there is plenty of cleavage and booty to keep guys' eyes glued to the screen. To sum it all up, if you like beautiful busty girls, fast cars, great catch phrases and lots of action, then you will not be disappointed by this film! It is definitely worth watching!

I love this film!

Author: Evan Anderson from Wilkesboro, N.C.
11 May 2004

I saw this film once for the first time and I have to (and hate to) admit that while I thought it was decent I was a bit disappointed. Then I realized that i couldn't stop thinking about it and thinking about how impressed I was with the ending. I had to see it again. I did and the second time I loved it! It doesn't have a complex plot, but Russ Meyer was never known for such things. If you want to know the plot I'm sure other reviewers can tell you. It contains certain trademarks of Russ Meyer. It has well-endowed women playing lead roles, archetypes and stereotypes, and ends with a scene of violence. The characters are great! This is considered the best Russ Meyer film with good reason. It is essential viewing for any of his fans or for people just wanting to check out his work. Like most of his films it is a hilarious satire on sex and violence in all it's glory. If you like this one another essential one of his is Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-vixens. This film is for more than Russ Meyer fans, but the people that think Matrix Reloaded is the best film ever should steer clear. The dimestore dialogue, trademark editing, and beautiful B&W Russ Meyer quality look would most likely be lost on them anyway. This film is rare so if you're lucky enough to find a copy rent it. You can probably find it sold on ebay or amazon.com if your hopes are high enough to buy it. I think it's worth the money either way. I wish this would come out on DVD. Russ Meyer I salute you!

Priceless trash!!

Author: len colby (len@elogica.com.br) from Brazzzzzil
5 January 1999

GO GO GIRLS GO WILD & WREAK MAYHEM ON MEN!!!

One of the all time classic trash B-movies and in my humble opinion Russ Meyer's greatest work (one of the few that had an actual plot). He claimed it was based on a Greek myth (If anyone know which please let me know). It's late at night and I'm to tired to be more articulate and do 'Pussycat' justice.

If you've seen it, see it again.

If haven't go to it!

If have but didn't like it you're hopeless!

Dames, Trains and Automobiles

Author: Tom Willett (yonhope) from Central Midwest, USA
12 May 2005

Hi, Everyone, When a movie has one comma and three exclamation points in the title, it has to be good.

This was made during that era when a few strangers could gather around the table for a chicken and corn on the cob dinner in that old fashioned way. One person at the table could talk about how much he hates his son. Another could drink wine until she passes out. A third could try to find out where the old man keeps his treasure.

Then when the kidnap victim escapes again they could all go out searching for her. Unfortunately, a train goes by and toots its horn and the big Tarzan guy runs home.

The music is good throughout the movie. The service station attendant gets some laughs as he lays pipe (exposition, plot revelation) while he gazes through the windshield of the mean killer girl's car.

Fight scenes are imaginative and usually funny. Car chases are low budget but good for Saturday night bad movie get togethers. This is one of those people vs. people, people vs. car, people vs. knife, lunchtime frolics we see too little of today.

There is one scene where a chase is taking place down a railroad track. It would have been funny if it could have been resolved the way they did it in Abbot and Costello's "Ride 'Em Cowboy." If you like this I recommend "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" and "Amazons." There is also a fight scene in "Diamonds Are Forever" between James Bond and a tough Vegas showgirl.

Tom Willett

Sweet and touching ... bring the family.

Author: dave-sturm from Baltimore
23 February 2008

This is my favorite Disney movie.

Few people know it's based on a novel by Louisa May Alcott.

The scene where the brave prince rescues little Amy always gets to me.

And the things the Old Wise Man says ... well, that's advice more people should emulate.

Remember the part where the little fawn is taking a drink at the brook, then looks up and a sunbeam comes down through the glade and makes him blink? Does it get any better than that? I get a catch in my throat every time.

I give it ten bluebirds of happiness. Sniff.

My teapot is whistling. Better go.

Page 5 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]