IMDb > Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Page 4 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

QUEEN of BAD MOVIES a perfect example of a GOOD DUMB FILM

Author: allhallowsday from United States
12 July 2007

Well, FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! (1965) is the QUEEN of BAD MOVIES and a perfect example of a good DUMB FILM. Noted for its three chesty leads Tura Satana, Lori Williams and Haji, its classically "so BAD its GOOD" complete with sexploitive romps, drag racing, a lecherous old cripple, nubile innocent, musclebound moron, liquid eyeliner, and doped and drunk beauties. With a seriously implausible plot, grossly bad acting, and just enough sex and violence to keep you riveted, this film never takes itself so seriously that it spoils the cheesy fun. Simply put, FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! is Sleaze Cinema at its most innocently amusing. Tura Satana, though no actress, is a sheer force of nature. It's wonderful to watch every character cower before her. I would like to say that the only thing bigger than this gal's cannons is her derrière, but alternately purring and roaring at friend and foe alike, the "biggest" prize would have to go to her mouth!

Just saw the movie

Author: riit from United States
13 February 2006

This is a very good movie. You have to be in the right "mood" to see it. I started watching it 2 times and just turned it off. I'm about half way through and I just stopped to read the good old IMDb on it. I'm only trying to avoid the Anxiety of watching it. I'm not good at watching Horror movies.

The Dialogue is second to none. Just the entendre is enough to keep me watching. The hot chicks are an added bonus to a mind altering experience. I'm just worried i'm missing out on more good movies like this. It basically starts the whole rob zombie thing. Also it defines a type of horror that seems to be sought after lately. Just wondering if there are any more movies like this out there. Early ones that are hard to find. And... how can I get them?

2 thumbs up!

A whole lot of fun

Author: braids from Australia
5 January 2006

It seems now that in Australia, finally some great cult movies are being released to DVD. Although I've wanted to see it for years, I only just saw Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill, and it's my first film by Russ Meyer.

If they're all similar to this, I can't wait to see more. The storyline is pretty dodgy, and so is the acting, but if you're watching a movie called Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill, you are probably after a bit of weirdness and campy fun. With Faster Pussycat, that's exactly what you get! Everything is great about this movie as far as I'm concerned. It's aged considerably, but that is what makes it so great.

A must for any cult movie fan!

A lot of fun!!

Author: dbdumonteil
18 August 2003

This movie looks like an erotic comic strip of the sixties.Today,it's priceless delightful trash .If you have a chance to see it -which is not easy- do not think twice.It could be the granddaddy of "pulp fiction" "Texas chain saw massacre" or "Born killers" with more humor than the three former works put together.

The three girls act like men,they do not seem to like them -with the exception of the "vegetable" whom they despise anyway-.There 're probably in love with bubble head girl Linda (they are caricatures of the dyke in the imagination of narrow-minded people) who spends the whole movie in bikini and whom they bind and gag with an intense pleasure! (Tarentino might have found the excellent bikini scene with Juliette Lewis in "from dusk till dawn"here).

They meet a family who lives in the desert.And what a family!a crippled (but wealthy)father in a wheelchair,a dumb muscle man son and another son,a two-bit hero.Russ Meyer parodies the "intellectual " westerns and the Freudian thrillers of the forties !And even "Hud"! Hercules cannot stand the sound of the train ,and his father hates women :what do you suppose THAT means?There's an explanation !

When I started watching "faster pussycat kill kill" ,I did not expect anything! It's not to be taken literally.But if you want something drastically different,I would never recommend it enough.

Excellent vintage trash

Author: Pierre from Paris
24 July 2002

We french just love this movie, because of this "attack of monster ants" or "twilght zone" feel of old bw pictures of desertic landscapes with gloomy cars all alone in the middle, and of course because of the exciting rambuctious and desirable (yes indeed) girls with spitting-on-one's-face attitudes, the kind we hardly find in our own movies of the 60's... Definitely worth keeping!

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to violence"

Author: Mika Pykäläaho (bygis80@hotmail.com) from Järvenpää, Finland
29 April 2002

It's not a huge surprise people consider Russ Meyer as one of the biggest legends in the field of campy low-budget cult b-movies. "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is perhaps his most famous work and even though it's actually one of his better flicks it's still totally terrible, dumb and senseless motion picture in every possible way you can think of. Nevertheless there's lots of people who happen to like really bad movies and this one is so damn bad you simply can't help of loving it. One way to watch "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is just to explore the most idiotic lines from the extremely ridiculous dialogue. There's lots of good ones like:

-Someone mentioned my figure? -In that outfit, what's to mention?

-You got a weird sense of humor. -Try again, I get funnier.

-What do we drink to? -Oh, let's drink to trains. They're big, fast and strong and they make a lot of noise.

-You're a very sick girl. -I was healthy enough a half hour ago, or do people look different to you when they're not horizontal?

I guess the title says it all. Starting from the amusing foreword film includes foolish story with three devilish females, clumsy screenplay, horrible acting, speeding, lots of wrestling, fighting and couple of well-developed breasts. In the nutshell: cheap mixture of sex and violence in the way of the 60's. If you want to find out what a real, old legendary exploitation trash looks like, watch "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" and you'll know everything important about the genre. By the way, theme song was kind of catchy...

The film ...? Sorry, my mind was on something else.

Author: Spleen from Canberra, Australia
13 December 1999

I'm not sure I get it. We all know that Russ Meyer had a thing for big-breasted women, so why is Tura Satana the villain? Or is she? It's hard (for me) not to side with someone so very busty, in such a luscious top, with such a magnificent display of ... nostril-flaring. No, really, that's what I meant to say. We don't actually see her bare breasts, which is surely a missed opportunity of a monumental kind.

Besides, the more traditional, modestly-proportioned women in the film are just so drippy. In Meyer's world, a woman's strength of character is directly proportional to the size of her tits, just as her sense of ethics is inversely proportional.

When I saw `Faster, Pussycat' the other people in the audience were clearly determined to snicker. Two women leap into the water - ha, ha, what a ham-fisted way of getting their clothing to cling. People speak histrionically - ha, ha, let's make fun of the dialogue. I'm sure this let's-laugh-at-the-director approach is all wrong. I'm not sure what the right approach is, but I'm sure that's not it. In fact Meyer IS as skilled as I'd been led to believe. There's nothing wrong with his timing or his visual sense. The dialogue is conventional but not actually bad. He gets perfectly fair performances out of a (largely) inexperienced cast. And in fact, the men in the story, like the men in the audience, DON'T openly leer at Tura's chest like they're Benny Hill. Mostly they play it cool and pretend they don't notice. As if.

It's a TRAGEDY that Tura Satana doesn't wave her bare boobs in front of the camera. Please believe that I'm not joking. This is a heartfelt sentiment. Still, she's at least IN this movie, which is more than you can say for most movies.

You'll Laugh till You Cry

Author: Gothick from Boston, Mass.
7 June 1999

Hysterical! This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. In fact the first time I watched it I had to turn off the VCR after half an hour and go lie down because I ached all over from being unable to stop laughing. The last thing that had that effect on me was Carol Burnett's version of "Sunnyset Boulevard" on the early 70s. Like Burnett, or Monty Python, Director Russ Meyer and lead Actress Tura Satana have a true flair for absurd overstatement, though in their case it is carried out with a naive innocence that makes this movie stratospherically trashy camp.

To quote another of the characters in the film: "It's a gas!"

Tura Satana is now a grandmother. Read the interview with her in the 1997 issue of Bust magazine. Her unique talents were never again so magically showcased as in this incredible film.

Decent Cult

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
29 February 2008

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)

** 1/2 (out of 4)

Russ Meyer film about three big breasted strippers who murder a man, kidnap his girlfriend and then hold up at an old cripple man's house so that they can steal some money from him. I know this here has the biggest cult following of any Meyer film thanks in large part to the three ladies but I found the film to be pretty much overrated. I enjoyed several other "lesser" Meyer films a lot more but this one here just seemed to be missing the humor that the other films had. There's some unintentional laughs like the cripple man who is constantly using his legs but other than that the film just didn't work. It remains entertaining throughout but it's certainly behind other titles.

Meyer's Angels

Author: wes-connors from Los Angeles
8 September 2007

Three well-endowed strippers race! kill! and kidnap! - resulting in an ample female foursome. Their "screenplay starts to unfold," according to star Tura Satana (as Varla), when they meet up with old man in a wheelchair Stuart Lancaster (as The Old Man) and his hunky son Dennis Busch (as Vegetable). They want to find Mr. Lancaster's stash, and check out "the lay of the land." Another son complicates matters and relationships. There are some funny lines - like Ms. Satana mentioning Christopher Columbus to a leering gas station attendant. The best part is when Varla tries to pin Vegetable with her car. Ouch! A lurid trip.

**** Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) Russ Meyer ~ Tura Satana, Lori Williams, Dennis Busch

Page 4 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]