IMDb > Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Page 3 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Definitely before its time...

Author: veruca-7 from Texas
29 April 1999

My main fascination with this film is not the acting or plot, most is definitely drive-in stuff, but the fact that Russ Meyer dared to portray women as openly aggressive (ie., like men). In a UK interview, he admitted that he wrote the characters as that's the way he liked them: strong women turned him on. It's a wonder this film wasn't totally banned in 1965. But I'm glad it wasn't. Tura Satana has some wonderful lines

Femme Fatale at its finest!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
7 November 2012

Who would know that the 60's could produce a movie so intense, that it will be a gemstone of a lifetime. In "Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!", it's a high octane thriller, that combines fast cars, fast moving women, and action that is non-stop. You have these three go-go dancers: Varla (Tura Santana), Rosie(Haji), and Billie(Lori Williams). They go out in the desert to unwind, until a couple appeared and they started to have a race. Well, the original three were racing their cars earlier in the scene, then Billie decides to have a swim. When the couple joined the scene, things began to get ugly. After the race, Varla and the boyfriend get into a fight, which resulted in his death. Then they drugged the girlfriend, and take her onto a ranch where this old man who was crippled in a railroad accident. The deadly trio do want something from him, his hidden money. But unknown to them, he is not so vulnerable period. For he got his own plans for them. The only thing is, they are not weak women. These women can fight, kill, or play very rough at all costs. No one is safe. This movie is about violent women, and not about domestic violence in the house hold. Of course, with the simple-minded brother, it's all about personal demons. Rev up your engines and see this movie. 5 stars

"The point is of no return and you've reached it!"

Author: bensonmum2 from Tennessee
1 March 2008

If you take a look around the internet at all the reviews for Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! you'll undoubtedly see the movie examined from every conceivable angle. You'll see some very learned people going on and on about female empowerment or the impotency of man or other similar topics. Don't worry – I'm not going there. So leaving behind all the sociological and psychological mumbo-jumbo, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! is just one cool, wildly entertaining movie. Not plain old cool, but uber-cool. This is trash cinema at its very finest. For me, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! is about as straight forward as you can get. It's a movie about three women, three cars, six breasts, the desert, and a whole lot of violence. It doesn't get much simpler, or better, than that.

There are so many things I want to say about Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! that I don't really know where to begin. I guess I'll start with Russ Meyer. From the opening voice-over narration followed by the three larger than life go-go dancers, Meyer gets Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! off to a kick in the rear sort of start. And he never lets up. Meyer keeps the images and pace coming fast and strong. After watching the movie, I'm amazed at what he was able to do with a budget that was probably less than what I spent on our last family vacation. Meyer uses his camera in a variety of unusual and surprising ways. I doubt I could think of a single angle he didn't use to shoot his three female leads. And Meyer filled the movie with some very interesting, almost ethereal, images. There are some shots of Varla during the race sequence with her hair blowing in the wind as she laughs with the utter delight of the situation that are like works of art. The fact that these close-ups are obviously stage-bound and the car is being rocked by some prop guys only adds to the surreal feeling. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Speaking of having never seen anything like it, there's nothing quite like Tura Satana, Haji, or Lori Williams. Once you've seen them, you'll never forget them. I can honestly say I was impressed with all three – and not just with their obvious physical assets. Each gives a more than serviceable, realistic performance. Of the three, however, Satana stands out. Is there a single scene in which she appears that she does not totally dominate? From the ample cleavage to the straight jet-black hair to the make-up to the clothes to that man-eater attitude – she's absolutely mesmerizing.

What else impressed me? Here's the quick list to save some time: the music (both the jazzy, "loungey" score that runs through most of the movie and The Bostweeds title track); the often unexpected outbursts of violence; the dialogue (Tarantino wishes he could write dialogue half this cool); and the whole 60s go-go feel to the movie. It's just about perfect!

Would you like to look under my hood?

Author: lastliberal from United States
4 September 2007

Before Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme and Seagal, and before Thelma and Louise, there was Varla, Rosie and Billie.

Russ Meyer, who peppered his "B" movie trash with big-breasted women serves up a cult classic with three buxom strippers driving fast cars through the desert in search of adventure. The ultimate power-woman trip with sex served up not as desire, but as power.

Tura Satana, who has been filling the screen with those humongous breasts for over 40 years, is a black-clad dominatrix that raises camp to an art form.

Haji, who wasn't going to waste her 38D's on any man, was her partner. They added blonde bombshell Lori Williams and they took off to raise mayhem and kill! You can't really appreciate the trash that was released in the 60s without seeing this one. What else are you going to do at 3am when you can't sleep?

QUEEN of BAD MOVIES a perfect example of a GOOD DUMB FILM

Author: allhallowsday from United States
12 July 2007

Well, FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! (1965) is the QUEEN of BAD MOVIES and a perfect example of a good DUMB FILM. Noted for its three chesty leads Tura Satana, Lori Williams and Haji, its classically "so BAD its GOOD" complete with sexploitive romps, drag racing, a lecherous old cripple, nubile innocent, musclebound moron, liquid eyeliner, and doped and drunk beauties. With a seriously implausible plot, grossly bad acting, and just enough sex and violence to keep you riveted, this film never takes itself so seriously that it spoils the cheesy fun. Simply put, FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! is Sleaze Cinema at its most innocently amusing. Tura Satana, though no actress, is a sheer force of nature. It's wonderful to watch every character cower before her. I would like to say that the only thing bigger than this gal's cannons is her derrière, but alternately purring and roaring at friend and foe alike, the "biggest" prize would have to go to her mouth!

Just saw the movie

Author: riit from United States
13 February 2006

This is a very good movie. You have to be in the right "mood" to see it. I started watching it 2 times and just turned it off. I'm about half way through and I just stopped to read the good old IMDb on it. I'm only trying to avoid the Anxiety of watching it. I'm not good at watching Horror movies.

The Dialogue is second to none. Just the entendre is enough to keep me watching. The hot chicks are an added bonus to a mind altering experience. I'm just worried i'm missing out on more good movies like this. It basically starts the whole rob zombie thing. Also it defines a type of horror that seems to be sought after lately. Just wondering if there are any more movies like this out there. Early ones that are hard to find. And... how can I get them?

2 thumbs up!

A whole lot of fun

Author: braids from Australia
5 January 2006

It seems now that in Australia, finally some great cult movies are being released to DVD. Although I've wanted to see it for years, I only just saw Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill, and it's my first film by Russ Meyer.

If they're all similar to this, I can't wait to see more. The storyline is pretty dodgy, and so is the acting, but if you're watching a movie called Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill, you are probably after a bit of weirdness and campy fun. With Faster Pussycat, that's exactly what you get! Everything is great about this movie as far as I'm concerned. It's aged considerably, but that is what makes it so great.

A must for any cult movie fan!

A lot of fun!!

Author: dbdumonteil
18 August 2003

This movie looks like an erotic comic strip of the sixties.Today,it's priceless delightful trash .If you have a chance to see it -which is not easy- do not think twice.It could be the granddaddy of "pulp fiction" "Texas chain saw massacre" or "Born killers" with more humor than the three former works put together.

The three girls act like men,they do not seem to like them -with the exception of the "vegetable" whom they despise anyway-.There 're probably in love with bubble head girl Linda (they are caricatures of the dyke in the imagination of narrow-minded people) who spends the whole movie in bikini and whom they bind and gag with an intense pleasure! (Tarentino might have found the excellent bikini scene with Juliette Lewis in "from dusk till dawn"here).

They meet a family who lives in the desert.And what a family!a crippled (but wealthy)father in a wheelchair,a dumb muscle man son and another son,a two-bit hero.Russ Meyer parodies the "intellectual " westerns and the Freudian thrillers of the forties !And even "Hud"! Hercules cannot stand the sound of the train ,and his father hates women :what do you suppose THAT means?There's an explanation !

When I started watching "faster pussycat kill kill" ,I did not expect anything! It's not to be taken literally.But if you want something drastically different,I would never recommend it enough.

Excellent vintage trash

Author: Pierre from Paris
24 July 2002

We french just love this movie, because of this "attack of monster ants" or "twilght zone" feel of old bw pictures of desertic landscapes with gloomy cars all alone in the middle, and of course because of the exciting rambuctious and desirable (yes indeed) girls with spitting-on-one's-face attitudes, the kind we hardly find in our own movies of the 60's... Definitely worth keeping!

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to violence"

Author: Mika Pykäläaho (bygis80@hotmail.com) from Järvenpää, Finland
29 April 2002

It's not a huge surprise people consider Russ Meyer as one of the biggest legends in the field of campy low-budget cult b-movies. "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is perhaps his most famous work and even though it's actually one of his better flicks it's still totally terrible, dumb and senseless motion picture in every possible way you can think of. Nevertheless there's lots of people who happen to like really bad movies and this one is so damn bad you simply can't help of loving it. One way to watch "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is just to explore the most idiotic lines from the extremely ridiculous dialogue. There's lots of good ones like:

-Someone mentioned my figure? -In that outfit, what's to mention?

-You got a weird sense of humor. -Try again, I get funnier.

-What do we drink to? -Oh, let's drink to trains. They're big, fast and strong and they make a lot of noise.

-You're a very sick girl. -I was healthy enough a half hour ago, or do people look different to you when they're not horizontal?

I guess the title says it all. Starting from the amusing foreword film includes foolish story with three devilish females, clumsy screenplay, horrible acting, speeding, lots of wrestling, fighting and couple of well-developed breasts. In the nutshell: cheap mixture of sex and violence in the way of the 60's. If you want to find out what a real, old legendary exploitation trash looks like, watch "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" and you'll know everything important about the genre. By the way, theme song was kind of catchy...

Page 3 of 9: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]