On the eastern wall of the Sistine Chapel, we can see two frescoes that have been painted by Arrigo Paludano in 1571 and Matteo da Lecce, thirty years after Michelangelo completed the Last Judgement (1541). They replaced the first paintings by Signorelli and Ghirlandaio destroyed by a partial collapsing of the wall. Obviously, they couldn't be shown if the action takes place between 1508 and 1512.
As shown in the movie Michelangelo created a flat wooden platform on brackets built out from holes in the wall, high up near the top of the windows. But contrary to the depicted on the film, he did not lie on this scaffolding while he painted, but painted from a standing position.