IMDb > "Days of Our Lives" (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Days of Our Lives"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Days of Our Lives" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

i love it

Author: kirstyleigh64 from United States
3 January 2006

Days of Our Lives is yes, a little silly at times, but i find it addicting. I started watching during Christmas break of my sophomore year and now, a 47 year old woman, i still find the show irresistible. At times the story lines can become a little far-fetched (ex. the Salem Stalker) but that's why i turn the show on everyday. It gives me a break from reality and lets me explore a completely different world. Some may find it a little bit silly, but that makes it all the more exciting. If you want to watch Days of our Lives, I say start now because there's a lot to learn. This show has been running since 1965 and I've loved every minute of it.

A bizarre and yet highly addictive program.

Author: chester-gray from Ontario, Canada
28 January 2003

I have watched the days of our lives since I was ten years old. I admit that some of the story lines are completely outlandish, like the one about eight years back about Marlena getting possessed by Satan, but for some unknown reason, I cant stop watching this show. The love for this show seems to be an epidemic in my high school as well, among both guys and girls. I never really watched a soap opera before this one, except for Another World. The show's contract with NBC comes under review in 2004. Myself, as well as many other diehard Days fans, are holding their breath praying that they renew it.

Chester's Rating: ********/10

Days Has Gone DownhiIl !!!

Author: heartbeat43 from Australia
7 August 2010

I used to tape Days of our Lives every week day and watch all 5 episodes on the weekend. But since Marlena and John were sacked the show hasn't been the same. When they were on air both were forced to play some silly roles such as Marlena being possessed and John becoming a Stefano Dimera clone, but when they were given decent story lines they brought a degree of maturity to the show that was a pleasure to watch. Now it's all males standing around with their shirts off and teenage heart throb traumas which has given the show a trashy flavour. Tom and Alice Horton must be turning in their graves. I wish the writers would bring John and Marlena back and cut out some of the characters who are just window dressing. In fact more of the long time characters in this show also seem to be getting axed in 2010. It has beside many of their names on the IBMD list 1986-2010 which means that they are leaving in 2010? Is that right? I am very disappointed with what they have done to this classic soap.

''Bring back the romance''

Author: pokemon01570 from United States
13 January 2006

I started watching days back in 1980 something, when John Black thought he was Roman.My best friend got me into the show and I have been a true fan sense. I will always watch Days, but I have to admit sometimes the show is really bad. It is confusing when actors switch roles for example,Roman used to be Chris and now Dr north is played by the original Roman, whats up with that??Is Lexie the only Dr in Salem?? I miss how the show was in the 80's with the super couples like Bo and Hope ,Kim and Shane and my favorites Patch and Kayla. BRING BACK PATCH

I hope the show starts to get better can't stand the horror and sleazy story lines,

but in spite of that I watch as often as I can and I hope the show will continue I am addicted.

Days of our LIves

Author: lcplacko from United States
10 July 2006

As a mother who has lost a child, I think DOOL's portrayal of Hope's and Bo's grief and anger was very realistic. I've been a fan of Days since the late 70's. Some story lines and actors are better than others but on the whole is is engaging and often deals with current issues. Frequently though, the story lines drag and are plots are repeated. There could be less of the cutesy early 20 somethings, and more middle-aged characters. I don't think there's one ugly man on the show and the women are all gorgeous. Bringing back Steve and Kayla is really fascinating to me and a great idea. Steve Johnson and his love Kayla were like the "Beauty and the Beast"; it was one of the best love stories on daytime TV. May Hope be carrying Bo's baby...although I don't know how old she is supposed to be. May Sami get what's coming to her...LUCAS. May Jack live forever!

I am addicted to Days

Author: Sally French from United Kingdom
19 October 2007

I absolutely adore this show! I stumbled upon it by accident in 1999 on a school lunch break and have been hooked ever since! Sky One cruelly axed it and then Channel 5 picked it up - unfortunately this was only a brief period.

Its been off UK screens until - I SALUTE YOU - Zone Romantica for bringing Days Of Our Lives back into OUR lives! Its roughly a year thats past in episodes so its easy catch up on. Yes the story lines, sets and acting are very comical at times - thats just what makes it so addictive. I loved the whole Garden of Eden storyline with Greta and Austin - oh how I wish Carrie would come back and get Austin away from Sammie! Anyway the Princess Gina thing was so good! I really hope Marlena starts her radio agony aunt show again - that was classic! Well enjoy people - Zone Romantica weekdays 9am, 2.40pm & 9pm (sky digital channel 149)

DOOL was a must-see soapie that I couldn't miss an eppy....

Author: catostingers from Melbourne, Australia
6 October 2003

From the year of 1989...I had spent a lot of time at a friendis house, who was and STILL is a DOOL fan, she managed to get me hooked on DOOL within days of introducing me to the show. In the beginning, I took it very seriously...then after a while -- it started to look different and had more boost of comedy in a drama soap series. I loved it! Especially when Eileen Davidson - who played quite a number of roles -- such as Kristen Blake, Susan Banks, Sister Mary Moira and Penelope Kent! It was hysterical watching the funny scenes, Eileen certainly did her best performance of her life! :) Unfortunately, I stopped watching DOOL in 1998 when I moved out to Australia from California...DOOL's about 4 years behind USA's current storylines and NO captions for the Deaf/hearing impaired! I'm Deaf, by the way. If captions were started here on DOOL, then I'll be the faithful fan again. :)

Watching since 1970

Author: Anita de Acosta Keith (g_keith@sbcglobal.net) from Columbus, Ohio USA
21 October 2011

Long may this soap last, even though renewed currently until September 2013. Bringing back old characters lately; hope this keeps longtime viewers glued to the screen. Gotta hand it to the long timers who have acted on this for many years, including Susan Seaforth-Hayes and her husband Bill Hayes, as characters Julie and Doug. Sad the originals are mostly gone, like MacDonald Carey and Frances Reid. The younger characters keep the story lines in synch with updated technology, like video conferencing and the latest tablets, electronic gadgets, etc. Even the older ones are catching on. Who knew that Alice Horton would email someone the day before her own death? This show has had conventional story lines, as well as boring and sci-fi topics. One way or the other, it has stayed on the air. There have been different producers, directors and writers, as well as technical crew. Lord knows there have been tons of different actors since 1965 when the show began. I have watched several different soaps, but this one has survived.

Love this show!

Author: c-sommers from United States
28 November 2007

I was drawn into Days in Dec. '06 when Chelsea was treating Nick horribly - just before he turned into 'The Lonely Splicer'. For a few days, I turned it on just waiting for that storyline.

Then I met Bo - which shocked me as he looks so much like my husband. Eventually, I recognized Steve from an episode of The Nanny (as I'd never watched ANY soaps before this...) Then I followed religiously the Shawn and Belle escape from Phillip (who I couldn't stand at the time) and Sami and Lucas's wedding triangle.

Now! I'm all about Phillip and Belle!! Since I'm new (?) perhaps, I never saw much chemistry between Belle and Shawn. I think Phillip's macho side is a more "normal" alpha-male - just determined and pained looking at times --- all that money weighing him down??! It seems totally realistic to me that Belle would be hard pressed to ignore the support and safety Phillip could provide - nature calls! I've been reading that regular fans are unhappy with Belle's new promiscuous side - but, this is a Soap Opera, right? Anyway, since enjoying this show so much, I've put some time into the other Soaps, but this one seems in a higher class altogether. The parenting tidbits of advice actually help me with my kids! (and spouse!) I guess just feel like I can relate to the characters - despite whatever plot mechanism is underplay.

Thanks to all who work for this show!!!!!!

Drake H. back to Days,please pass this along to everybody you know,Ty

Author: wolfspirits84 from United States
29 October 2007

Hello fellow Drake enthusiasts! As many of you already know, the picket line protest that we had planned in behalf of Drake Hogestyn was pretty well a bust thanks to the devastating California fires. It is for this reason that we decided to plan another campaign to show the-powers-that-be that we, the fans, want Drake to return to the show that has been his home for 21 consecutive years. I know that we're all in total disbelief and are feeling furious and outraged since head writer, Hogan Sheffer, killed off John Black...speaking for myself, I never believed that DAYS would go through with this travesty and would actually fire Drake, but sadly, we can't undo something that has already been done. All we can do is move forward and show Drake's bosses that we will not rest until we are victorious and Drake is back on DAYS where he belongs.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to clear up some rumors. First off, Drake did NOT leave DAYS on his own because he was unhappy on the show or because he wished to retire...simply put, Drake was fired! I know that many people don't want to accept this fact, but it was confirmed by Drake's Fan Club President, so it is no longer deniable. Drake is also quoted in Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly as saying that he learned of his character's demise from Executive Producer Ken Corday. "He called me at home, that's usually not a good thing. Whenever there are changes in head writing or producing, other changes are imminent. I wasn't shocked by the news." His leading lady, Deidre Hall, said that "Drake came into work one day and he confided that Ken had told him that it was bad news and they weren't going in his direction, so they were going to kill the character." Drake also talks about sleep deprivation since he found out that he is being forced to leave the show and how "It has been an incredibly difficult several weeks due to the disbelief, shock and then final acceptance and closure which is inevitable in any creative endeavor." So bottom line is that this man was fired, and I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not about to take Drake's sentence lying down! Whatcha say team, are you guys with us? If you guys are game, this is what we're going to do in an effort to make this a world-wide protest. If you support our campaign to get Drake back on DAYS, please sign into THIS thread with your name and where you live okay? Please feel free to also sign in any of your family or friends who are also Drake fans (or who love you and want what YOU want! ha ha!). We'll be opening up this type of thread on as many DAYS message boards as we can, and in December we'll be printing out the lists, putting them in a binder, book-style format and sending it to TPTB. We're going to see if we can get a small group to go down to NBC studios and present the book to either Ken Corday or Edward Scott's assistant, so that we know for a fact that it will be seen. Since I post at very few DAYS boards (I only post here at Soap City and at the DAYS NBC board), I would REALLY appreciate it if many Drake fans from here could take this text and start a thread about this campaign on one of the message boards that you all frequent. If you could keep an eye on that thread on "your" board and post in it about once a week at least to "bump" it and remind everyone about it, that would be terrific. Once you've seen that everybody who wants to be given the opportunity to sign it has signed it, please email me the link to that board DrakeDBEST@yahoo.ca so my partner and I could go in there and add the names to our list...that would be FABULOUS! Or if you have to be a member to go into that board, you could copy the list and PM it to me and that would work too.

Thanks so much! Also, if there any Drake fans who live in Peoria, IL or NEAR there, could you please IM me ASAP? Thank you!

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]