IMDb > Fagr Yom gedid (1964) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fagr Yom gedid More at IMDbPro »

Another deep idea from Youssif Chahine

Author: Dino (magenta_dino) from Lebanon
22 September 2001

A wonderful movie that displays the irony of life. This movie is a bit complicated at first but a person should watch it several times to understand why Youssif Chahine selected these characters. The main moral about this movie is explained by the name of the movie, "Tomorrow, there is a new dawn", so, never loose faith in life.

I found the film to be an excellent representation of the extreme social changes occurring in Egypt during in the 1960's.

Author: anonymous
14 October 1998

This Egyptian drama from the sixties is quite more than just a simple story of forbidden love in a time of extreme social, political and economic change. It wasn't until after I learned there was a significant subtext to the film that I started enjoy it for what it really was. I found the film to be an excellent representation of the identity and class conflict of both the Egyptian government and its citizens during nationalistic period of the 50's and 60's. The dynamics between text and subtext within the film offered the viewer a seamless harmony of plot structures while, at the same time, emphasized the dichotomy of Egypt's political and social situation.