Doctor Who (1963–1989)
- A thunderclap is heard during the opening theme.
- Susan is portrayed as more mature and sensual than she was in the final version. She is shown wearing more futuristic clothing as well.
- The Doctor is portrayed almost as a villain - much more cold-hearted than he was in the TV series.
- Susan says she is from the 49th Century, while The Doctor seems to imply he and Susan are lost in time. In the final version, we never learn which century Susan and The Doctor are from, and The Doctor confesses that he and Susan are exiles.
- The famous TARDIS sound effect is much different in the early take.
- In addition, the untelevised version contains a number of bloopers (actors flubbing lines, cameramen tripping over scenery, etc.).