"Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" Sammy, the Way-Out Seal: Part 1 (1962)"Disneyland" Sammy, the Way-Out Seal: Part 1 (original title)

« Prev | 213 of 699 Episodes | Next »

Childhood Favorite Revisited

Author: Jim-499 from United States
1 August 2001

I remember watching this is its original airing in 1962 as a five or six year old and REALLY enjoying this. I recently had the opportunity to watch it again, for the first time since then, as it was aired on "Walt Disney Presents" on the Disney Channel. I'd forgotten most of it, and some of it was geared towards kids, but it was still enjoyable. I can't wait to show it to my niece and nephews.

Unbelievable

Author: keithphimister from West Yorkshire, England
24 March 2000

I saw this nearly 20 years ago when I was about 5 and, apparently, almost wet myself from laughing. It has to be one of the greatest and most innocent films around that all kids can enjoy.

Harmless slapstick fun!

Author: Steve Guernsey from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
3 March 1999

I was reading the newspaper this evening when my daughters started viewing this video nearby. By the time I finished the paper, I found myself watching "Sammy" "full-time".

Sure, it's typical Disney animal fluff, but I enjoyed it none the less, and found myself laughing out loud with my children at some of the silly stuff the seal did. (I don't want to spoil it, but my favorite part involved a toy poodle and a pool.) It was also fun seeing the variety of cars and fashions from the early 1960s. (Yes, the mother/housewife does wear a skirt while she cooks breakfast!)

So, find some kids and check out this funny movie!

My Kids Love This Movie

Author: Ruddfactor from USA
12 October 2000

I had more fun watching my kids watch this movie but secretly I enjoyed it too. And seeing Billy Mumy and Ann Jillian as kids is a riot. Rent it for the kids and don't be surprised to find yourself plopping down on the couch next to 'em.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)

Author: wes-connors from Earth
8 March 2009

While on a vacation at the beach, red-haired brothers Michael McGreevey and Billy Mumy (as Arthur and Petey Loomis) find a seal. The lads christen their critter "Sammy", and spend summertime frolicking with the sandy sea lion. When it's time to go home, the boys begin to suffer separation anxiety. Young Mr. McGreevey decides they can't take "Sammy" back to "Disneyland"… er, "Gatesville" - but, young Mr. Mumy packs him anyway. At home, they try to hide "the Way-out Seal" from adults, and, of course… hijacks ensue!

**** Sammy - The Way-out Seal, pt 1 (10/28/62) Norman Tokar ~ Michael McGreevey, Bill Mumy, Robert Culp