IMDb > Two Colonels (1962) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Two Colonels More at IMDbPro »I due colonnelli (original title)

A very good comedy!

Author: emilian77 from Italy
27 June 2000

This "war-comedy" is a really good one, even if little known. Featuring the unusual couple Antonio De Curtis-Walter Pidgeon, this is also a very funny movie, where the cleverness of Pidgeon reveals itself in the attempt to follow the classic "Totò"'s improvisation skill. Nino Taranto is as good as usual, and I have to signal that there is also an amusing scene involving Roland Bartrop and Totò, but I'm not sure if it was included in the reduced US version (I have seen only the full Italian version).

story from war

Author: Vincentiu from Romania
3 July 2014

splendid comedy, seductive at whole, it is more than a war movie. because it represents a wise example of measure about a delicate subject. the secret is the remarkable cast and use, in smart manner of classic clichés. and the real virtue is exactly the status of first step on a way to present the war in a fresh manner. key - great dialog between Walter Pidgeon and Toto.than - the game of stereotypes.and not the last, slices of naivety, used with admirable art. a comedy about a tragic event with powerful Italian flavor, with a precise script and the testimony for many films after it - Mediterraneo is the obvious example.