IMDb > "The Eleventh Hour" (1962) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Eleventh Hour" More at IMDbPro »

"The Eleventh Hour" TV show

Author: purrball from Indianapolis, Indiana
21 May 2006

Back in '62' as a 13 year old, The Eleventh Hour was my favorite show. I especially had a crush on Jack Ging and that's why I watched the show. Actors in the 60's were much different than actors today. Actors then, had personalities and showed compassion and kindness toward their fellow man. Actors today are stern, hard core and seem so disassociated with the human race. The sadistic cruelty portrayed in movies and TV shows is more than I can bear. If you've seen one you've seen them all. There isn't much on TV today worth watching. During the summer of '63' Jack Ging came to Indianapolis and my dad took me to see him perform live on stage in a play, "Mr. Roberts." We were fortunate to have had seats in the front row. As a 14 year old I loved him. I wish I could see "The Eleventh Hour," on DVD today. Why won't somebody bring it back?

An interesting Drama

Author: artzau from Sacramento, CA
6 September 2005

Coming at a time in the middle 60s when such things as mental illness were finally coming out of the closet, this story about older mental health professionals, Ralph Bellamy and Wendell Corey, sharing their insights and experiences with a younger psychologist, Jack Ging, was thought-provoking and well done. Looking back at this show and others that had some touch with our more human side, it makes you wonder where we have gone. Compare the thoughtful unfolding of a vulnerable person's experience to reveal their innermost fears with the inane and pointless sitcoms of today with people sitting around spewing senseless banter to canned laughter and ask yourself, why not learn something about life, ourselves and others while being entertained?