Marty Melville, an itinerant collector of arcane movie ephemera, wandered the wilderness of the internet lo these many years till one day he vanished with little but a geiger counter and an empty bottle of Blatz to mark his exit. Now he’s back among friends at Trailers From Hell
. As you’ll see, all he needs is a good ad mat and he’ll be a happy spelunker. We hope you enjoy the humble results of his pursuits.
This week, a look at a few of Hitchcock’s opening days.
Rebecca – Thursday, March 28, 1940 / Foreign Correspondent
– Tuesday, August 27, 1940Shadow of a Doubt
– January 12, 1943 / Notorious – Thursday, August 15, 1946Strangers On a Train
– Tuesday, July 3, 1951 / Rear Window
– Wednesday, August 4, 1954
Tuesday, May 15, 1956 / Vertigo – Wednesday, May 28, 1958 (with some vampire movie hogging the limelight)North By Northwest
– Thursday, August 6, 1959 / Psycho – Thursday, June 16, 1960