IMDb > "The Adventures of Tugboat Annie" (1957) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Lets encourage a remake for Canadian TV.

Author: drysdale-2 from Sudbury Ontario Canada
30 January 2007

I would like to see a modern remake of this series. For some reason, I never forgot the original, and that is saying something!!I would like to see some of the original episodes and rediscover why I have never forgotten this short lived series. I remember Annie and some of the other characters very vaguely, but recall that I had a lot of great belly laughs watching this show as a young boy. Maybe I enjoyed it because it made my dad laugh too, which seemed quite rare back then. We had a 15 inch black and white Spartan TV and the signal was not the greatest, but the lure of the waterfront and the antics of Annie and the shows cast opened my imagination on a greater level of focus.

Unforgettable series but where is it now?

Author: aravinda0
19 May 2010

During the opening scenes every week, Annie yells over to Bullwinkle, "Ahoy Bullwinkle, you old baboon!" prompting Bullwinkle to reply, "Annie, I'll get even with you if it takes me the rest of my natural life!"

This series was filmed in Toronto which was the stand-in for the fictional locale of "Secoma." I watched it religiously every week when I was a kid in the late 50's and the reruns in the early 60's.

As a prime example of early Canadian television comedy, why has no station picked it up for reruns? Why is the series not available to purchase for home use?

I agree an update could be made but it should be possible to re-master the original series. Somebody must know where it is archived.