Mac's plans to settle down and raise a family are upset by the Korean War. He goes as a fighter pilot and returns a hero, the first triple ace of the war. His neighbors have built a home ...
See full summary »
During India's first years of independence from Britain, Steve Gibbs lands his armaments loaded plane in Ghandahar province hoping to get rich. Pacifist Prime Minister Singh hopes to reach ... See full summary »
Two men are released from the Arizona Territorial Prison at Yuma in 1898. One, the Dutchman, is out to get both gold and revenge from the people of a small mining town who had him ... See full summary »
As a blacksmith John can't hope to win the hand of Linet, daughter of the Earl of Yeonil. Off he goes to prove himself a noble knight. He makes himself a suit of armor with a winged chicken... See full summary »
Mac's plans to settle down and raise a family are upset by the Korean War. He goes as a fighter pilot and returns a hero, the first triple ace of the war. His neighbors have built a home for Mac and his devoted wife and their three children. Now he has an offer to test pilot new Sabre Jets. His wife is uneasy but knows she cannot ground her man. Written by
Ed Stephan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alan Ladd broke a rib just before the shooting whilst he took a shower. See more »
Original post: "Sykes incorrectly refers to 'Brooks General Hospital' in San Antonio. The hospital is actually named Brooke General." Actually, there were two similarly-named military hospitals in the San Antonio area which were frequently confused: The School of Aviation Medicine at Brooks Field (later Brooks Air Force Base) and Brooke Army Medical Center in Fort Sam Houston. As this is a film biography of an Army Air Force/ USAF aviator, the character was more likely referring to the hospital at Brooks Field/AFB. See more »
i always thought Alan Ladd was not an exciting actor. his height was not impressive and always gave me a midget feeling, an actor too short to play big roles in any movie. if it was not the script that made him a greater hero, he would never become a memorable actor like other taller actors. about 95% of this film was unnecessary yada yada scenes and the other 5% left was barely watchable which included the boring air dog fights with the MIGs that didn't seem with any suspenseful tension, the dialog during the air support mission also sounded boring, then the small part of the 5% showed how this guy as a test pilot and crashed himself to death in a fireball also didn't create any heartfelt feeling at all to me. this film was one of the worst military films that i've ever viewed and very very forgettable and not even needed to write a positive review.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?