Lady and the Tramp (1955) Poster

Simple and often lovely
moonspinner552 June 2002
Fairy tale about the romance between two dogs from opposite sides of the tracks gets colorful, warm, old-fashioned Disney treatment. Cinemascope cartoon unfolds with valentine-like flair, all the ribbons and bows are in place, yet the requisite cutesy flourishes and manipulation inevitably turn up (one dog, thought to have been killed, shows up LIMPING in the next scene!). Yet, it's hard to complain when the rest of the pieces fall into place so snugly. The plot is, by turns, comfortably predictable and still pleasingly reassuring, though a bit heavy with incidental chatter. The Peggy Lee music is delightful, and the "Bella Notte" sequence alone, with the spaghetti, breadsticks and the drippy candle, is simply superb. *** from ****
26 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One of the Greats
neophoenix19 March 2001
I grew up watching this movie. I consider it a wonderful movie for both children and adults to watch. While many of today's animated Disney movies are aimed at kids, this movie is from a time where adults were primarily the target audience. This movie lacks the 'kiddie' humor and tells a wonderful tale of genuine emotion and compassion. The love story between two non-human characters removes most bias that we automatically impose upon human characters. I feel that few movies will ever match this one in quality.
51 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Life and Loves of our Best Friends
RobertCartland22 January 2000
There is nothing as wonderful as the wag of a dog's tale. The writers, actors and animators, together with Disney magic, capture the unique and limitless variety of personalities that exist in the canine world. This film takes these wonderful canine characters and shows the world from their perspective. The adorable footage of Lady as a puppy reminds me of the behavior of my own hounds when they were pups. The beautiful "Park Avenue" Lady grows up and falls for the happy-go-lucky, vagabond, Tramp. Add a dog-hating aunt, a baby, some cats, some rats and the adventure is complete. The songs sung from the dog pound together with those sung by the wicked Siamese cats are the most purely fun of any Disney animation. The song sung at the lover's romantic Italian dinner brings a tear to the eye. Finally, Lady and the Tramp share a spaghetti noodle that leads to one of the most memorable kisses in Hollywood history. This is a wonderful film that will be enjoyed for generations.
20 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
grahamsj314 December 2003
If this film isn't a classic, I don't know what is! This is a great story about two dogs who fall in love, although they're from different sides of the railroad tracks, so to speak. These dogs act more human than many humans do. It's heartwarming, humorous and just plain clean family entertainment! This is a film that has stood the test of time and passed with flying colors. This is one to BUY and keep! So what are you waiting for? Go buy it!
39 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Charm, humor, songs, great animation...what more do you need?
Neil Doyle26 April 2001
One of the few Disney cartoons at this period not based on a famous piece of literature--so at least no one can complain that it doesn't do justice to the original! It's an unpretentious little gem, told from the viewpoint of the animals and against interesting backgrounds with superb animation and vocal work. Cat lovers may find it painful to watch how sinister the two Siamese cats are depicted--but not if they have a sense of humor. Actually, the 'Siamese Cat Song' is one of the highlights of Peggy Lee's novelty numbers. 'Bella Notte' and other simple melodies are integrated nicely into the plot with satisfying results. This was the first Disney cartoon made in Cinemascope so the artists had to fill a broader landscape for the camera to photograph. And yet, the transfer to video on VHS format is extremely well handled--you don't feel you're missing anything. I believe the film is also available in letterbox but I find the VHS print I own to be more than satisfactory. Delightful Disney classic for young and old alike.
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
An all-time classic favorite!
jazzontherocks16 May 2003
"Lady and the Tramp" is indeed one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I just love every single bit of it! The story, the characters, the music, the stunning animation style...everything is amazingly done!

This is exactly what today's Disney flicks have been lacking- they don't recapture the spirit and magic of the original Disney masterpieces like this movie and the other Disney classics such as "Bambi", "The Aristocats", and "The Fox and the Hound", except for contemporaries like "The Lion King", "Toy Story", "Tarzan", "Beauty and the Beast", and "Mulan", which are still well-set up.

Okay, back to "Lady and the Tramp". This movie deserves ten out of ten stars, and those of you who haven't seen it yet have gotta watch it. It's not presented only for the youngsters, but also for those who are young at heart. If you really enjoy it as much as I do, don't miss the astounding follow-up to the original in the delightful "Scamp's Adventure"!
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Outstanding Love Story.
tfrizzell3 July 2002
Yet another winner from Disney about an upper-class dog who falls for a mutt from the streets. The timeless love story works just as well on a feature-length cartoon as it does with live-action fare. The animation is first-rate, the characters are fun and the songs will stick with you long after the movie is seen. Great entertainment for all ages. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cute/Romantic Canine Film
rebeljenn23 October 2005
Lady and the Tramp, one of my favourite childhood movies, goes down as a classic animation and one that I am sure is enjoyed by children today. Who doesn't like watching cute animals with large, kind eyes? Lady and the Tramp is about love and sacrifice, bringing together a posh female dog with a homeless stray, who is sexy in his own right. Also included are the memorable Siamese trouble-making cats (Peggy Lee) and the wonderful candle-lit scene where are lovable heros enjoy spaghetti. This film should be enjoyed and treasured for years to come. It's gone down in Disney and film history. Although made for children, there isn't any reason why adults cannot enjoy this film.
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A fab soundtrack
maureen-6617 October 2005
Peggy Lee was a national treasure. What an amazing thing that she wrote most of the music for this movie, but only in old age did she receive credit. I agree that issues of class seem merely consistent with the era, but consider that the flavor of the day was vanilla. So in those days going out for Italian was a walk on the wild side (unless you grew up in Brooklyn)! Then an upper-crust girl marries a boy of mixed race origins?! And it's clear from the dog pound scene that Peg "got around" (just look at her hair!), nevertheless, she was valued and respected among the dogs. Yes, the film is hokey. But rats are evil. And the soundtrack is outstanding.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
She's from the leash and license set... he's footloose and collar free!
Jessica Carvalho22 January 2006
''Lady and the Tramp'' is one of the most adorable movies from Disney, and until I read in IMDb, I would never guess that it is from 1955! I always imagined it to be from the 70's, I don't know exactly why. Lady is a cute golden cocker spaniel that was a present from '' Dear''(the husband) to '' Darling'(the wife) at Christima's. She was threaded very well since she was a puppy and is an adorable dog that loves to spend her time with her owners. Two of her best friends and neighbors are Jock and Trusty. One day, Tramp, a god without a breed and without a license goes to the wrong side of the town (the rich side) and ends up meeting Lady. She stays scared with his lifestyle, but at the same time she could not avoid fallen in love with the experienced dog. They fall in love at the same time that Lady is having problems at her home ( Darling is pregnant, so, nobody in the home really cares about her as before). But her love with Tramp will have bad consequences, being the first one being caught by the Dog Catcher and knowing more things about Tramp that she actually would like...
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Two dogs in love
dee.reid28 February 2006
But it's a lot more than that. For 56 years now, "Lady and the Tramp" has won a devoted following based on a love story that could have worked out just as well with live-action and a romance, but here we have it with two dogs - a pampered cocker spaniel and a street-wise mutt. "Lady and the Tramp" contains the kind of innocence and love story that is unfamiliar with our times today, and it is good to see a masterwork from a bygone era.

I was only a kid when I first saw "Lady and the Tramp" but I still remember that famous kiss scene, you know the one where the two leads are having a beautifully romantic spaghetti dinner and they take hold of a single string of pasta and consume it, unknowingly bringing their faces together in an unwitting kiss. It's remained with me up until now.

I'm a sucker for love stories and "Lady and the Tramp" works, despite its animal characters and Walt Disney family-friendly touch. Lady is the cocker spaniel, who is a gift to a woman from her husband. Lady adores her surroundings and receives the requited love of her owners and a nice home. Six months later, that love hasn't diminished and she is a newly licensed pet. But it's misplaced when she learns that her owners are expecting a child, and suddenly Lady has been unwittingly pushed aside to make room for a new bundle of joy.

From the wrong side of the tracks, it's the street-wise Tramp, a known lady-killer who wins Lady's heart after saving her from other common street dogs. They really hit it off, climaxing with the aforementioned romantic dinner and a wonderful animated shot of the moon from a lover's point. Along for the ride are Trusty, a hound dog with a busted sniffer; Jock, a Scottish terrier; and Si and Am, the two sneaky Siamese cats belonging to the husband's snooty aunt.

Directed by Clyde Geronimi and Wilfred Jackson and featuring the voices of Peggy Lee, Barbara Luddy and Larry Roberts, the newly restored DVD version with the Platinum Series is the one to get and cherish. I got mine at a Best Buy store today to take advantage of this limited release, and to win a free Tramp plush toy.

I would guess that time has been good to "Lady and the Tramp," if a love story of this pedigree is truly worth the praise due to it. I would recommend this Disney classic to any possible female romantic interest as part of our date... if I could land one.

6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
My favourite Disney film.Cute,funny and full of enjoyable songs.
jack-smales10 October 2003
On my list of favourite Disney films,Lady and Tramp is at the very top.I just love it.The songs are some of the most enjoyable Disney has ever composed.The film is cute but not in a soppy,drippy way,like say Bambi.Bambi is a classic,but it is too sentimental.

I love the song Bella Note.

We used to have the video but then chucked it out.After a while,I felt that I had to see it again.So I looked in the library.Would you believe it,they seemed to have every Disney film you could think of except this one,I mean why????????

I had to request it from another library and then wait a week for it to arrive(sigh)But it was well worth the wait and I loved seeing it again.

Barbra Luddy and Verna Felton who voice characters in this film also voice many other Disney characters.They were both in Sleeping Beauty as well.Sadly they are both dead.

Out of 5 stars.Lady and the Tramp deserves 5.It will always be a classic and one everybody will love.Shame about the sequel.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The ultimate spaghetti dinner movie
Kristine24 November 2004
God, who doesn't remember the romantic scene of the Lady and the Tramp? Ah, spaghetti has never been as sexy. OK, OK, I know that this is Disney. This is one of my favorites. It's a great one. As far as Disney movies go, I would recommend this. Disney lovers have to watch this. It's very naturally addicting. And the music is so wonderful to listen too, and the characters are so lovable. This is one of the best Disney movies by far. I miss movies like this. Just see this movie. It's just too good to miss. This is for the kids and the adults. I would recommend it for a family night for sure.

9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Bella. One Of Cinema's Best Told Love Stories.
johnstonjames14 January 2011
i personally feel Disney's 'Lady and the Tramp' is one of cinema's very best and most memorable love stories. and i'm not alone in that opinion. not only were the online reviews almost 99% positive and enthusiastic, but the film has been voted in numerous polls as having the best screen kiss/favorite romantic screen scene. how often do we see the iconic image of lady and tramp eating the spaghetti dinner at Tony's? it's pretty much the standard image represented in most articles or pieces concerning film and romance.

'Lady and the Tramp' is also one of the best told of cinema's love stories and one of classic Disney's best scripted animated features. there is so much in this story that is so memorable and clever and filled with humor that it seems to lack for anything. it also tells a story that has as much depth to it as romantic sentiment.

it also has a almost startlingly realistic observation of animals and humans and their interactions with each other. yes, the dogs talk and sing, but so much of their behavior is also very well observed canine nuances. anyone who's ever had a dog will tell you how convincing the animals are in this. i personally had a Cocker myself so i can tell you from experience how real and convincing Lady seems.

you can mess up and botch dog illustrations. anyone that's seen the cute, well intentioned but routinely envisioned 'All Doggies Go to Heaven', knows this. no one can pretend that 'All Dogs' even attempted realism.

but it isn't just simply a matter of illustration or graphics that make the animals real. it's often the situations and the way they are done that conveys realism so well. the Siamese kits may look a little cartoony and exaggerated, but anyone who has ever owned a cat can tell you that they act like that. especially when small birds and fish are involved in the scenario. and the relationship between dogs and humans are told through an interesting sense of perspective. you rarely see the human's faces up close but instead constantly view them from the dog's eye level. the birth of Darling's baby resonates great beauty and a sense of the human soul. and anyone that knows young married couples, they often start off with small dogs and work their way up to babies. all of this feels so real and so very human.

as far as a work of animation, this is probably Disney's most polished and flawlessly perfect of all his classics. even in some of Disney's finest classics there can sometimes be flaws or "rough spots" in the animation and illustration. not with 'Lady and the Tramp'. it is probably Disney's most flawlessly executed hand animated feature. not to mention a perfect blend of all elements including story and songs. Peggy Lee's songs are just about Disney's best.

a masterpiece of hand animation, romantic sentiment and of character development, the original 50's Disney classic deserves every bit of love, praise and attention it's been given over the decades.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Among the sweetest Disney love stories
MissSimonetta15 May 2014
Though Disney gets flack for "unrealistically" portraying romance with their use of the love-at-first-sight trope (because psychological realism is a thing in fairy tales, right?), I would say they made two genuinely romantic films in their animated canon: Beauty and the Beast (1991) and Lady and the Tramp (1955). These films feature protagonists who fall in love over an extended period and whose opposing personality traits create an interesting "yin and yang" sort of chemistry.

Lady and the Tramp (1955) is one of Disney's finest movies of the 1950s. The art is not as openly artsy as the films of the Golden Age (1937-1942) were, but the less art-conscious style fits the nostalgic view of turn-of-the-century America which the film is set in. The music is charming and the characters are all memorable. (Unfortunately, the Siamese cats belonging to Aunt Sara are memorable due to how offensive they are; those two are one of only a few aspects which mar the film.) Overall, this is a sweet, simple love story. It's not thought-provoking, but it is great entertainment.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Good movie.
FZAN17 July 2000
I just wanted to comment on something said in an earlier post here. One user brought up that he or she felt the movie was too "middle-class". I disagree. First, the movie is about dogs, not humans, that's why you don't see a bunch of humans in the backgrounds. Second, just because a neighborhood is middle class doesn't mean it's boring. How can you call any neighborhood with characters like Jock and Trusty boring? The reason why you see such a middle class neighborhood is so that it can be contrasted to Tramps poorer neighborhood.

Speaking of the Tramp, I think the movie goes well beyond depicting Tramp as poor. He sleeps in alleyways and has to beg for food. How poorer can you get? I certainly think the culture shock angle works just fine. The reason why Tramp may seem to have it "easy" and not really be poor is becuase he dosen't allow his poorness to control his life. You don't have to be rich to enjoy life, and in fact, having less can often enrich your life. Tramp has been able to live a less restricted life than Lady and it shows. He's allowed to be more carefree and enjoy the small things in life. I don't see how anyone can say the movies world is one where no one is poor. It's a world where just because guys like Tramp are poor, doesn't mean they have to be miserable.

As for the film being to glossy, I don't understand that. It's supposed to look glossy, it's an animated feature. Would you rather it looked ugly and scratched up? And where does the movie infer that real tramps are herded off the street and everything is clean? That's not true, there certainly is plenty of grime and squalor in the movie too. And if it was true, Tramp wouldn't have been in the movie. Besides, it's supposed to be a cute and fun movie about dogs, not a Charles Dickinesian expose on poverty.

That being said, at it's heart it's simply a well animated and charming movie. Just enjoy it for what it is.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Dog's Tale
Vimacone22 July 2017
Many Disney features are adaptations of previously existing stories. Lady and the Tramp was the first Disney feature to be based on an original story. Like Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland, this was one of the projects shelved and then resumed due to WWII. Like many of the best Disney and MGM shorts featuring house pets made years prior, this is told and animated from the dog's perspective. The audience only sees a few glimpses of the human characters, and we're unsure of their actual names. The main heroine Lady and the hero Tramp are an unlikely match as they come from opposite backgrounds, but circumstances bring them together for a romantic adventure. I like how the dog's characters (and in some cases dialects) are defined by their breeds (i.e. Jock the Scottish terrier having a Scottish accent and feisty personality). Surprisingly, this film has still maintained its status as a beloved classic despite ethnic stereotypes of Asians, Italians, Irish, etc. These kind of elements, Disney and other media have otherwise tried to censor. I wonder how the features in the Disney animated canon with controversial sequences have largely remained available and well publicized. I like how the setting is at the turn of the last century, likely within the collective memory at the time of release. The film doesn't specifically state when, but I would say early 1910's, as there mostly horse carriages, but a few cars. As far as post-war features, this is generally considered to be one of the best. The spaghetti scene is one of the most iconic scenes in cinema. There are three nicely executed climatic scenes, two of them back to back at the end of the film. I still have fond recollections of when I first saw it some 25 years ago as a small child.
A Real Happy Tail-Wagger
Fuzzy Wuzzy26 June 2014
Bow-Wow-Wow! - And - Arf! Arf! Arf!

You ever heard of "puppy-love"? Well, LADY AND THE TRAMP is the ideal movie for puppy lovers, and dog lovers, alike.

Without any doubt in my mind, this film is definitely one of Disney Studios' most endearing animated features of all. Its story concerns a rakish mongrel named Tramp who heroically helps out a pedigreed canine named Lady who has found herself in a mighty tight jam - And, as these things so often happen, Tramp gallantly dances Lady right into a sweet, little romance that's well-worth barking about.

Throughout the delightful course of LADY AND THE TRAMP, elements of high-adventure and drama are quite masterfully blended together with the sheer joy and amusement of comedy and music.

LADY AND THE TRAMP would be Disney Studios' 15th animated feature film and the first to be produced with the dazzling effects of wide-screen Cinema-Scope.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Just the right pedigree. Disney classic.
Michael O'Keefe8 July 2007
LADY and the TRAMP is one of the most underrated, but endearing Walt Disney animated features. Memorable music and purebred fun. A high-bred and pampered cocker spaniel, Lady(Barbara Luddy), learns to be adventurous and carefree when she meets Tramp(Larry Roberts), a raffish mutt from across the tracks. Spending the night on a hill overlooking town; begging for bones; sneaking into the zoo; running from the dog catcher and that memorable spaghetti and meatball dinner. Other characters in this fantasy are: Trusty and Jock, Darling, Si and Am. Lush backgrounds and "He's A Tramp" sung by Peggy Lee help make this film one to be enjoyed by the whole family. Others lending voices to characters are Bill Thompson, Stan Freberg, Bill Baucom and Miss Lee.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Spaghetti lovers if you please!
tamimarie22817 June 2006
I like Disney movies and I like this story of an upper class Cocker Spaniel who becomes saved by a mutt and then falls in love. The music by Peggy Lee is great and I said that if I were a dog in this movie, I would be the little gray dog named Trixie.

I loved the Spaghetti scene but I thought that the Italian cooks were too stereotype. I didn't like the scene in the pound, made me cry. When the cats frame Lady for messing up the living room and Aunt Sara comes along and comforts them, I thought that it was pretty funny.

It is what it is, a Disney movie and I have liked it since I was a puppy.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very enjoyable, if unmemorable, Disney effort
Jawbox54 February 2014
During the early 1950s Disney was making some excellent animated features with 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Peter Pan', Lady and the Tramp followed those films and proved to be another good film from the studio. After the very large and fantasy orientated feel of those two films, Lady and the Tramp moves towards a much more grounded style which benefits the film as well as Disney's output by adding a little more variety to their work at the time. I don't think it is quite as good in Disney terms as some of their other features.

The plot centres on Lady who is a pampered Cocker Spaniel adored by her owners. Things start to change for her when the couple have a baby and she begins to fall out of favour in the household. At the same time she comes across a mongrel named Tramp, despite not getting along at firs the two build up a strong bond and he shows her what life would be like if they lived free. The story is about as straight forward as it gets. I think that takes some of the impact out of the story as you kind of know where it is going to go and how things are going to end up. But in fairness I like how laid-back the story was, it wasn't trying to do anything but tell a charming story and it succeeds in doing that to be fair.

There is a lot of good things about the film. The animation for a start is fantastic, as you would expect from Disney. The film has a very soft look and uses very bright colours that give the upper class housing areas a rich gleam. It a good choice as this fits the films aims more than some of the more vivid animation that Disney had been using prior to it. The softer colours also work for the night scenes in making some beautiful looking scenery.

The characters are very enjoyable. I was worried that Lady would be presented as being too full of herself, but they do a good job in making her likable. Her plight is something that is understandable and you begin to feel for her, her soft and sensitive nature really does win you over quickly. Tramp comes off well as more of a lovable rogue type. He has all the great features needed for a good lead seeing as he's caring, witty and has the right amount of street smarts. Jock is very amusing, he's excellently voiced by veteran Bill Thompson doing a great Scottish accent and him constantly calling Lady 'Lassie' is quite funny. Trusty was another very fun supporting role, always forgetting what he is talking about and reciting stories of old. He comes off as a reassuring elderly figure and that makes him quite endearing. Jim and Darling were okay, but nothing special but then again they aren't the focus.

The film does contain some differences to the formula that make it enjoyable. I really like the fact that Lady and Tramp don't get along straight away, it gets rid of the clichés like love at first sight and it is nicely more real in how they spend more time together before deciding they're meant to be with each other. I also think that having these things from the dogs perspective is very smart, like the fact Lady thinks her owners are 'Jim Dear' and 'Darling as that's what they call each other or her confusion at how worked up Jim is getting over the birth of the baby. There were some exciting scenes too, Tramp's fight with a rat and the climax itself are very well done pieces.

As noted I do like the more laid-back tone as it allows for more time to be invested into the characters and makes sure that the story itself isn't rushed. I think this made the characters more engaging and made you want to know what was going to happen. The music is also very good. The 'We Are Siamese' song is known by everyone and rightly so as it is a fun tune. The song 'Bella Notte' in particular is very pleasant, and of course the image of Lady and Tramp eating the Spaghetti accompanying it is now seen as iconic.

I think that the films biggest weakness is the fact that it lacks anything that memorable. As said the story is somewhat obvious, even if it makes changes to the norm, and there isn't really anything that you haven't seen before. Although I do like the more laid-back tone, at times you can feel that the film is affected by the lack of a villain and the lack of any big set-pieces taking place which takes any edge of proceedings. I think that the film can come off as a series of moments due to the way it is told and though most of it is interesting, it isn't as gripping as say the moments in 'Alice in Wonderland' so it's more liable to become a little dull in some areas.

On the whole I'd say Lady and the Tramp is another entertaining film from Disney. It does have a lot of charm to it and the story is told in a fairly smart fashion in that it at least tries to make a rather tried idea fresh. As usual there are plenty of amusing pieces, the characters are very fun and the animation looks fantastic. There are certain areas where it lacks somewhat, but never enough to harm the overall quality of the film too much. It isn't a Disney film that I will be watching over and over, but taken for what it is worth and it is an effortlessly enjoyable film.
Well constructed animated feature
There have been plenty of Dog films made in the history of movies but there is only one that truly captures what it's like between the pampered and stray collarless life of man's best friend. Of course, during the middle of the 20th century, Disney had already a well established reputation of making wonderfully animated feature family films so it's obvious that the mouse house would tackle a story dealing with the pets we have loved and cared about for centuries.

The story follows lady, a dog who is given as a Christmas gift between a couple. Of course, like any newborn, they have no idea how to take care of themselves and what their limits are, but that is all established at the beginning. As time passes, we see the growth of Lady as she lives her normal life. That is, until the couple who own her decide to have a baby. This is where things become confusing. Lady begins to receive less and less attention allowing her to believe that she isn't loved anymore. But then, a stray dog comes into her life and gives her an experience she wouldn't expect. What's it like to be free without a collar.

Viewers will enjoy the contrast to how these two dogs live their lives because it's easily relatable. What's even more interesting is to see how both parties are content with what they have. It's not like one was longing for the other - not at all. It just so happened they met at the right time and that's where the magic lies. I do have to knit pick at some of human characters though. Their behavior is so easily turned on and off that it seems inhuman. There are also some subplots like the dogs in the pound. What happened to them at the end? It didn't have closure.

But the voice actors do an excellent job at their characters. The animation is still great too. Lady's structure with her ears make her look so lovable it's difficult to resist. But my favorite actor was Dal McKennon who played a few roles. Just remember, he's the man who voiced Gumby. He's the man! Also Oliver Wallace's soundtrack to the film was well performed too. It carried a main theme for the characters and even had Lady sing one of her own songs. That's rare for an early Disney film. But it was nice none the less.

Disney's story of when two dogs from different worlds collide is cute and contains a lot of charm. The animation and music also work well. The human counterparts are a little weird though.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wonderful Disney Romance Classic!
OllieSuave-00717 October 2013
This is a beautifully made 15th full-length animated feature film from Walt Disney - a tale about a cocker spaniel named Lady from an upscale neighborhood that meets a stray dog (dubbed the Tramp in the movie). While Lady leads a sheltered life, Tramp is carefree and adventurous. He takes Lady out to see the world and they both fell in love in the process.

It's a movie filled with adventure and romance - a film for all ages and definitely has that special Disney touch. The music is rich in harmony; the song "Bella Notte" is one of the most soothing and magnificent love songs ever recorded and performed in a motion picture. The chemistry between Lady and the Tramp reminds you of an old-fashion romance - something special that leads to true love. The Spaghetti scene at the dinner table is one of the most iconic movie moments in cinema history.

This is definitely one of the best romantic motion pictures and one of the best features from Disney.

Grade A