IMDb > Garden of Eden (1954) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Garden of Eden More at IMDbPro »

Good effort, but needs more conflict

Author: tlyoung88 from United States
18 June 2003

I'm sure for its time it was very innovative, but no one took this subject matter seriously in the '50's. Take for instance the scene where Jamie O'Hara remarks how "delightful" it feels to watch her little daughter playing nude with other children, but balks when she sees other adults.

Nowadays the situation is reversed. With the proliferation of Girls Gone Wild, Hedonism and HBO & Playboy documentaries, mainstream audiences now see nudism as an adult hobby, and parents who involve their children are facing criminal investigations.

I expected more of the writer to make use of R.G. Armstrong. He's a very nice man. Met him at Dupar's four years ago. But such a talented actor who really should have been given more to do as the uptight old father figure.

An innocent nudie flick with a memorable song: Let's Go Sunnin'

Author: socal_frank from Huntington Beach, CA
15 January 2003

At 11 I was the youngest member of Local B22 of the Theatrical and Stagehands Union in Seattle who worked at the El Rancho Drive-in Theater between Auburn and Kent in Washington State. The Honey Drive-in Theater chain booked this film into our little farm-community where it was a real cause celebre. The family had a council to determine if I would work as a speaker repairman that week. It was determined that a little T & A would not harm me. I had great status with my junior high school buddies for having seen the film not once but twice a day for a week. The chain never booked a nudie film in our theater again.

There was a song called "Let's Go Sunnin'" which I inadvertently memorized and can sing, poorly, to this day. The song was resurrected in a commercial for the San Diego Visitor's Bureau that played throughout the Northeast USA during at least 1998 through 2000.