IMDb > Feed the Kitty (1952) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]

very family friendly

Author: theforsancains from United States
7 July 2006

Probably the best of this type of cartoon that doesn't star any "famous" Looney Toon characters. This one will appeal to cat and dog lovers of all ages. A must see.

Since the main topic of the cartoon has already been submitted, I will tell you why I liked this cartoon. First of all, I like cats, especially kittens, and at first it seems that the kitten will be attacked by the dog. But the dogs heart melts when the kitten gives the big, mean, tough bulldog a small lick on the chin and along with a cute kitten type "meeow". The dog then endures the kittens claws when it wants to "fluff" up the dogs back in order to use it as a bed.

A very nice and kind cartoon, if only they were made like this today.

100% charming,...and the best short cartoon ever

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
14 June 2006

This is about the best short cartoon I have ever seen,...period. As a kid I loved it and as an adult my appreciation for it continues as strong as ever. It is both charming and funny and begs to be watched repeatedly.

Mark Anthony is a mean-looking bull dog with a heart of gold. But he also has a terrible knack for bringing home junk that drives his owner (voiced by Bea Benaderet) crazy. She tells him NEVER to bring home any more stuff and threatens him if he does.

A little later, Mark Anthony is walking down the street and comes upon an adorable little kitty. Being a mean-looking dog, he growls and snarls but the kitten responds by climbing on his back and falling asleep. Mark Anthony is charmed and can't resist bring home this cute cat. But, he's afraid what his owner will do, so he tries his best to hide the kitty--with little success.

My absolute favorite part of the cartoon is when Mark Anthony thinks the kitten has been made into a cookie by his owner. Then, after she's done baking, she gives him a cookie resembling the cat and Mark Anthony falls to pieces! It's priceless,...especially when the real kitten shows up and he begins kissing it repeatedly. What magic! This cartoon has managed to combine humor with charm and cuteness without being cloying or over-the-top. A marvelous and magical toon.

A Favorite of Mine

Author: Dana Morgan from United States
30 January 2006

Jones' trademark humor was definitely present during this cartoon, and watching it can produce great belly laughs. But the reason I got so attached to it, both as a little girl watching with my dad, and as an adult, was the charming story of bulldog Marc Anthony (which, I recently discovered, means "warlike alpha-male") melting into tears at the idea of his beloved kitten getting into trouble, or worse, being gone forever. Perhaps it was just my girlhood sentimentality, but I always find my heart breaking at Marc Anthony's instant and unconditional love for Pussyfoot. And of course it makes me smile to hear those timeless lines, "But remember, you have to take care of it! ...He's YOUR responsibility, now you hear me?"

Masterpiece

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
19 April 2009

Feed the Kitty (1952)

**** (out of 4)

Extremely cute Merrie Melodies short has a rough and tough bulldog falling for a small kitten so he takes it home and tries to hide it from his owner. This is a rather marvelous achievement for Jones as it's certainly one of his greatest films and it doesn't star any of his more familiar characters like Bugs or Daffy. This film has a little bit of everything from terrific laughs to non-stop sweetness to even some rather sad moments when the dog thinks that the kitten has been killed. All of the dialogue comes from the female owner and the vocal work is another reason the short works so well. The best sequence in the film for me is when the dog thinks the kitten is in the cookie dough about to be mixed up.

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]