IMDb > The Duck Doctor (1952) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Duck Doctor More at IMDbPro »

Duck! Duck! - One Of The Best T&J Cartoons

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
16 November 2007

This is one of the best Tom and Jerry cartoons I've seen, definitely rated in the top echelon. It has a very funny character in this little duck, who keeps getting shot and injured by Tom and repaired by Jerry and it has outstanding artwork. I rarely comment on the drawings in T&J cartoons, but you can't help appreciating the beautiful art in here, right from the opening scene.

The tale of the little duck, and Jerry's efforts to save it, are both hilarious and touching. Many times I wind up rooting for poor Tom in these Tom & Jerry cartoon since Tom many times takes undeserved abuse....but not this time. In particular, the comic bit with Tom and the anvil is outstanding.

Nobody could root against this poor little, green-headed duck who - I guarantee - you will just love.

Duck-gone great fun!

Author: Antzy88 from Thatcham, United Kingdom
8 August 2001

A group of migrating ducks fly through the sky, when Tom uses a rifle on a duckling, injuring its wing and sending it crash-landing outside Jerry's door on a farm. Jerry nurses the duckling back to health, but every time it hears the other ducks flying on their merry way he keeps trying to rejoin them, always putting himself at the mercy of Tom's shooting. Will Doctor Jerry be able to keep the duckling safe while its wing heals? This is another Tom & Jerry cartoon featuring the duckling introduced in 'Little Quacker', and it is very funny. Only thing is: how come the duckling is differently-coloured to his usual yellow appearance in the other cartoons it featured in? It speaks with the same voice...

Funny and touching, the outstanding animation really does help too

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
30 April 2010

Being a huge 18-year old Tom and Jerry fan, I am very fond of The Duck Doctor. Although it is very funny with some great visual gags, it is also very touching as Jerry vows to protect the adorable little duck. The animation is of true beauty here, with the beautiful colours and backgrounds, it is by far one of the most beautifully drawn Tom and Jerry cartoons. The music is also lovely, really gives some poignancy to the more slower, less action-packed parts. The story is simple, but it is engaging and touching, it has the same emotional level as when I watch the Disney Silly Symphony Ugly Duckling. As I do with Ugly Duckling, I find the little duck absolutely adorable and huggable, and it saddens me that anyone would want to hurt him. Jerry is still his sweet self, while being the source of kindly affection, while Tom is still dastardly. I will say I found myself rooting for Jerry and the little duck than I did for Tom here. Overall, very funny and very touching. 10/10 Bethany Cox