IMDb > Tweet Tweet Tweety (1951) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tweet Tweet Tweety More at IMDbPro »

Restoration On These 'Toons Is Terrific

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
17 April 2007

Here is another funny Looney Tunes effort but I really appreciated was the beautiful artwork. The browns, golds and blues in here of the national forest are spectacular. The restoration process on these Golden Collection DVDs really are apparent on cartoons like this one. This episode is on Vol. 2 of the set.

As for the story, we are in a beautiful national forest with huge redwood-type trees and Sylvester's family has the camper in the trailer park. Sylvester has his own compartment door which he swings open at the first sound of a bird. He rushes out, but a park ranger is there to quickly remind, "Don't get any ideas in that head of yours. Now, get going, cat!" Sylvester slinks away.

The cat spots a nest high up in a tree, investigates, finds an egg, decides to sit on it and hatch it....and out comes Tweety. From that point, it's a chase a la Tom and Jerry and some clever sight gags. One strange sight: Sylvester with all the fur blown off his face. An orange, stubble-faced cat was really a weird thing to see!

Sylvester should have stayed home!

Author: Robert Reynolds (minniemato@hotmail.com) from Tucson AZ
29 September 2003

I have to say something in general here about the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons: while I can fully understand why they would try to prevent Sylvester from making Tweety a satisfying belch, I am puzzled when humans in the shorts seem shocked or angry that he wants to absorb bird calories into his system-he's a cat and cats try to do that as often as possible. It's like a Frenchman and wine or Garfield and picking on Odie-a natural law of the universe.

Poor Sylvester never has a chance. Tweety had a "no consumption" clause put in his contract. So the park ranger piling on is adding insult to injury. I have a better chance of dating Angelina Jolie than Sylvester has of eating Tweety! Lots of sight gags and fun to watch, but pity the poor cat. Well worth watching and recommended.

Fun enough from Sylvester and Tweety

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
28 October 2010

I personally like the Sylvester and Tweety cartoons, and while not their best Tweet Tweet Tweety is no exception to that. The pacing is a tad uneven though, starting off a little slower than I thought it would. However, the animation particularly of the forest itself is handsomely done, and the music especially Tweety's song and the glissando in the scoring is wonderful. The dialogue is good enough, but the sight gags are even better. While the story is admittedly slight it rarely ceases to be entertaining, and the ending works very well. Sylvester is suitably crafty, and I personally didn't mind Tweety that much though he is more active in other cartoons of his. Mel Blanc is superb again. Overall, this is a fun cartoon without being outstanding. 8/10 Bethany Cox

"You know dat putty tat gonna hurt hisself if he not more careful?"

Author: slymusic from Tucson, AZ
18 May 2009

"Tweet Tweet Tweety" is a fine Tweety/Sylvester cartoon directed by the terrific Friz Freleng. This time around, Tweety and Sylvester have a battle of wits at a trailer park, where no hunting or fishing are allowed.

Most of my favorite moments in this cartoon are musical, thanks to our dear friend Carl W. Stalling. "Ain't She Sweet" accompanies the opening credits and the photography scene. Tweety sings an innocent little song while perched up in a nest on a tree branch, and he suddenly jazzes up the song for a finish. The strings perform a wonderful descending glissando "smear" as Sylvester grows tired and bored from trying to hatch Tweety's egg. Sylvester uses an air pump to try to get Tweety out of a tree branch hole, and Tweety eventually replaces himself with a lit stick of dynamite.

If you're a fan of Tweety and Sylvester, then you'll love "Tweet Tweet Tweety". You can find it on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2 Disc 3.

We now know where the Acme factory is located.

Author: Lee Eisenberg (lee.eisenberg.pdx@gmail.com) from Portland, Oregon, USA
29 September 2007

While accompanying his owners to a certain national park, Sylvester finds a nest and decides to wait for the egg to hatch. Guess who comes out! While most of "Tweet Tweet Tweety" has the usual sorts of gags - albeit in a forest setting - there was one thing that I saw that should be of particular interest to Looney Tunes fans: the Acme factory. That fictional corporation from which Wile E. Coyote receives every catch-the-Road-Runner gadget ever conceived of turns out to be located in this national park (we find this out when Sylvester goes there and...well, I'll let you see what happens!).

But even ignoring that entirely, this is a really funny cartoon. True, we know what sorts of things are going to happen, but it's just a pleasure to watch them happen, and to see Tweety turn into a bad-ass (he actually did have kind of a mean streak when you think about it). Worth seeing.

A really dull cartoon in a weak series

Author: (andrew-goulding1@hotmail.co.uk) from Lincoln, England
1 October 2008

Friz Freleng's 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' is one of the dullest cartoons in a series I don't particularly like, the Sylvester and Tweety shorts. Set in a national forest, 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' proceeds to run through a series of tired gags with only the setting to distinguish them from past usage. There are a few inventive moments here and there, including a highly unusual beginning where Sylvester actually has to hatch Tweety out to get at him. However, once Tweety arrives on the scene the cartoon takes a nosedive. As a big fan of the original Bob Clampett take on Tweety, Freleng's cutesy pie version has always grated on me and in 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' (a title which betrays the dearth of ideas surrounding this project) the little yellow bird is especially obnoxious and irritating. He even manages to spoil an otherwise fine climax in which Sylvester rows up a waterfall with a quip that doesn't even try to be funny. With Freleng's Tweety, the writers obviously wanted to emphasise the cuteness in favour of gags but a big pair of blue eyes is no substitute for a decent wisecrack. The only other noteworthy feature of 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' is a nifty little gag in which Sylvester and Tweety actually turn time backwards and forwards in order to effect what time a geyser will erupt. Unfortunately, the inevitable payoff of the gag is badly directed and utterly anticlimactic. All in all, 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' recalls the levels of tedium reached in the similarly dull 'Bad Ol' Putty Tat', a cartoon which 'Tweet Tweet Tweety' actually reuses footage from.

Watchable in spite of Tweety

Author: movieman_kev from United States
30 October 2005

Sylvester cat is in a forest park. He finds an egg that he decides to sit on an hatch, but the egg contains one Tweety bird. And the chase is on once more. The poor cat also has to deal with the park ranger. I inward cringe whenever Tweety opens his mouth or especially sings, I have no clue why, I just really don't like the voice. The cartoon is alright I guess, but NOT because of Tweety, but rather in spite of him. And I have to get through a few more Tweety cartoons. Joy *rolls eyes* This animated short can be seen on Disc 3 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 2 and also features an optional Music & effects only track.

My Grade: C