IMDb > "Bob and Ray" (1951) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bob and Ray" More at IMDbPro »

I remember too

Author: powell-7 from Philly
9 December 2003

I can remember seeing their television program once or twice. They were selling a "do-it-yourself" toll booth to erect on the Merritt Parkway (in Connecticut) where you could make money collecting tolls. They also were selling the little "Y"s punched out of the New York City subway tokens by the bagful. Of course none of these were for real, but what a concept!

I remember when

Author: Ed Domijan from duxbury, massachusetts
25 July 1999

I was 5 or 6 yrs. old when we got our first TV in New Britain, CT...circa 1951. One of the first TV shows I still recall is Bob & Ray. In later years I became a Disc Jockey/Broadcaster in Boston...home of Bob & Ray, George Carlin, Jay Leno (at least where they got their starts). I used to play a cut from one of Bob & Rays comedy albums...Going West > They truly were innovative and hilarious. I remember Linda Lovely (or was it Linda Lovelace?). Bob Elliotts' son, Chris, seems to be carrying on the legacy...to an extent...his humor is avant garde and off the wall.

Bob and Ray subtlety at its' most sublime. Raised nasality and whining to the height of comedy.

Author: (jjoyce@adelphia.net) from United States
15 December 2005

There stands Uncle Eugene, played by Bob, his sloppily fringed bald head rising to a virtual point, making peanut butter sandwiches and piling them up on a card table. There are at least thirty sandwiches in the rather neat pile and he busily continues to construct them. Meanwhile in the foreground a completely separate interview is taking place in prime stentorian profundo from interviewer Ray as the interviewee distractedly focuses on Uncle Eugene.

Then Walley Ballou, a nasal Bob, the reporter out on the street, is on the air with overbearing, exasperated Ray trying to wring some vitality from Wally's lament that all is quiet but Ray has trouble hearing Wally because of the blasting sirens and loud shouts of fire in the background.

Ray is interviewing Hawthorne Sturdley (an approximation of their character names) the world's slowest talker who has just returned from an expedition to Komodo Dragon country. You owe it to yourself to get a tape of this.

There was lots more and for me the fun was in the vocalization that conveyed a full range of comedic nuance. I miss Bob and Ray.