IMDb > I Killed Geronimo (1950) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

I Killed Geronimo More at IMDbPro »

Almost like watching Stagecoach!

Author: Steve Ellison (movie.store@virgin.net) from Manchester, England
2 September 2002

I love this film! The action never stops and the climax is great as Indians chase the stagecoach across the desert.Sound familar? It should do because this movie uses great chunks of John Fords Stagecoach as stock footage and in one scene you can spot John Wayne in this case as he unknowingly doubles for James Ellison.A brilliant piece of el cheapo film making,a competent cast,and a less than subtle reminder of a classic western !!

Small budget western, lacks authenticity

Author: bux from Tecumseh ok
9 October 1998

Considering Geronimo died of pneumonia in 1909, I guess this should be a story about a virus, right? Not exactly. Great liberties are taken with the historical record, and we have a brave cavalry captain tracking the fierce warrior chief. Thoundercloud is aptly menacing as the title character, but the use of much stock footage, a lame script, and poor premise make this one very easy to pass up.

Old Fashioned Western

Author: Ted Wilby (tfiddler) from Spring City, Pa. USA
19 September 2003

Completely silly, but very likable in that old 1930's Saturday Afternoon vein. Who cares if it's authentic or not, as long as there is plenty of action, horses, gunfights, Indians, a girl in trouble, and the handsome hero to save her, but... He can't reveal his true identity because he's undercover trying to break up the gang selling guns to Geronimo. I bought it in 16mm and it has a real good look and feel and an almost 3-D effect on the big screen.