Edit
The Damned Don't Cry (1950) Poster

Trivia

Loosely based upon the life of sharp-tongued moll Virginia Hill and her secretive relationship with gangster Bugsy Siegel.
The title comes from Eugene O'Neill's "Mourning becomes Electra", in which a brother tells his sister: "Don't cry... the damned don't cry."
"Screen Director's Playhouse" broadcast a 60 minute radio adaptation of the movie on April 5, 1951 with Joan Crawford reprising her film role.
When Ethel Whitehead first sees Martin Blankford working in the office of her firm, there is a photo of a building behind his desk. That building is the original Phalen Building which stood at the corner of Market Street and O'Farrell Streets in San Francisco. The photo taken in about 1890. It was destroyed in the 1906 Earthquake and Fire. A larger and more impressive Phalen Building was constructed on the same site, which is now a historic landmark.

See also

Goofs | Crazy Credits | Quotes | Alternate Versions | Connections | Soundtracks

Contribute to This Page