IMDb > "Rootie Kazootie" (1950) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Rootie Kazootie" More at IMDbPro »

early children's television programming

Author: briefcase119 from Central Florida, United States
21 June 2006

I distantly remember this show from my childhood, along with Howdy Doody, The Shari Lewis Show, and other puppet-based programs that were the mainstay of early television for children. I used to drive my sweet mother crazy, running thru the house shouting ROOTIE KAZOOTIE! I don't recall the exact nature of its appeal, other than it was a program just for kids, and that was pretty special back then. It was first broadcast in black & white. Color came when the competing Howdy Doody arrived on the NBC "Live and in Living Color". We had all of 3 stations then, and usually only one got decent reception, because there was no cable then either. It was entertaining television that slowly gave way to the cartoons, hosted by Bozo the Clown, and later to the action dramas like Roy Rogers, Sky King, and Tarzan.

A true classic that needs to be preserved on DVD

Author: FishIM from New Jersey, USA
10 December 2006

My mother used to annoy me by crooning the Rootie Kazootie song (she was never a smooth singer) but it stuck with me and over the years, bits and pieces of Rootie Kazootie history floated slowly into my consciousness. I feel that all the original TV shows from the 50's both good & bad should be preserved as these were an important hallmark of history. These were some of the first televised images ever seen and would probably have the same impact as discovering life on other worlds to some. We take it for granted now, but TV was revolutionary in the 50's. It was a HUGE leap forward from the telephone. It truly saddens me that so many of these shows are lost due to poor preservation at the time, but even sadder is the lack of interest in corporations to try to market & preserve our rich history because they feel so much falls short of todays standards in entertainment or general lack of interest. I for one feel a great sense of personal loss.

I too remember Rootie Kazootie

Author: jayphelan from United States
4 November 2009

I know I watched this show regularly, but can't come up with a single note of the theme song. For some reason, I think the show was originally called "Rootie Tootie", but was quickly changed to Kazootie for whatever reason. I'm not sure this can be confirmed, but if possible I'd like some confirmation that I'm not imagining it. Maybe "Tootie" had some nasty (for that time) connotations, but they were beyond my 9 yr. old brain to comprehend.

I don't remember much, if anything, about the other characters in the show or what the running plot line was.

If anyone knows, or thinks they know, chime in!

Jay