IMDb > Crazy Over Daisy (1950) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Crazy Over Daisy More at IMDbPro »

A duck being harassed by two chipmunks

Author: baruch770 from Chicago IL
6 December 2003

I like this short mainly for it's music and the title song. I just don't like the fact that the chipmunks are harassing donald the famous duck is just riding on his bike minding his own business and bingo just like that the chipmunks chip and dale start teasing the poor duck. The title song goes like this,"Daisy Daisy your the one that's got me captavated,everytime i look at you i get so aggravated,and when i'm riding along the street everybody that i mett is crazy over sweet daisy oh oh oh". The opening of this short shows a cameo by Goofy,Mickey and minnie.

I actually felt some sympathy for Donald in this one.

Author: Robert Reynolds (minniemato@hotmail.com) from Tucson AZ
22 April 2002

Donald is not one of my personal favorites as far as characters go. He's too obnoxious and abrasive for my tastes. But here, I actually find him a sympathetic character. He's treated badly throughout and scores one victory, only to have it destroyed through the ignorance of righteous indignation that is misplaced and mis-aimed. Donald gave Chip an' Dale treatment more along the lines of what they deserved than Daisy does and a smart duck would bid her a firm adieu and never bother with her again. But this is Donald, so that definitely won't happen here, of course! Very funny short and well worth tracking down. Recommended.

A Duck Tale Of Bygone Days

Author: Ron Oliver (revilorest@juno.com) from Forest Ranch, CA
27 December 2002

A Walt Disney DONALD DUCK Cartoon.

Donald is certainly CRAZY OVER DAISY, but Chip 'n' Dale may drive him loony if they don't stop pestering him.

The opening sequence of this film, with Donald pedaling about town on his ordinary while whistling the catchy title tune, has an amiable Gay Nineties ambiance (look fast for cameos from Goofy as an iceman and Mickey & Minnie in an ancient jalopy). Once the little rodents arrive on the scene, however, it becomes just another Chipmunk cartoon. Clarence "Ducky" Nash provides Donald with his unique voice.

Walt Disney (1901-1966) was always intrigued by drawings. As a lad in Marceline, Missouri, he sketched farm animals on scraps of paper; later, as an ambulance driver in France during the First World War, he drew figures on the sides of his vehicle. Back in Kansas City, along with artist Ub Iwerks, Walt developed a primitive animation studio that provided animated commercials and tiny cartoons for the local movie theaters. Always the innovator, his ALICE IN CARTOONLAND series broke ground in placing a live figure in a cartoon universe. Business reversals sent Disney & Iwerks to Hollywood in 1923, where Walt's older brother Roy became his lifelong business manager & counselor. When a mildly successful series with Oswald The Lucky Rabbit was snatched away by the distributor, the character of Mickey Mouse sprung into Walt's imagination, ensuring Disney's immortality. The happy arrival of sound technology made Mickey's screen debut, STEAMBOAT WILLIE (1928), a tremendous audience success with its use of synchronized music. The SILLY SYMPHONIES soon appeared, and Walt's growing crew of marvelously talented animators were quickly conquering new territory with full color, illusions of depth and radical advancements in personality development, an arena in which Walt's genius was unbeatable. Mickey's feisty, naughty behavior had captured millions of fans, but he was soon to be joined by other animated companions: temperamental Donald Duck, intellectually-challenged Goofy and energetic Pluto. All this was in preparation for Walt's grandest dream - feature length animated films. Against a blizzard of doomsayers, Walt persevered and over the next decades delighted children of all ages with the adventures of Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Bambi & Peter Pan. Walt never forgot that his fortunes were all started by a mouse, or that simplicity of message and lots of hard work always pay off.

"Daisy, Daisy, you're the one that's got me captivated"

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
25 March 2012

This is yet another Donald Duck/Chip 'n' Dale cartoon that I love. Not my favourite by all means, but one that amuses me every time I see it. Crazy Over Donald I remember for chiefly its wonderful music and irresistibly catchy title song. But that's not the only outstanding asset. The animation is typically beautiful, with the colour palette especially sumptuous. The story is crisply paced, sometimes cute and always fun and engaging, and the gags especially in the middle of the cartoon are very funny. Chip 'n' Dale may have a sweet and harmless look to them, but some of their actions show that they can be anything but. Donald takes the laughs well, he is funny and cantankerous and looks very dapper here, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for him at the end. Daisy is beautiful but one not to mess with. Overall, for the music and title song, Crazy Over Daisy is great. 10/10 Bethany Cox