Columbia's 34th serial production starring Buster Crabbe, the Serial King himself, who had the lead in five from Universal and two for Columbia, was based on the radio serial,("Captain Silver's Log of) The Sea Hound", heard on the Blue Network 1942-44,on Mutual 1946-47 and, briefly on ABC in 1948, and also the comic book (six issues across four years) that had little demand in 1945-49 and not much now among Golden Age collectors, with Crabbe, playing Captain Silver and getting more money for it than producer Sam Katzman paid for the rights to use the character, and some claim the copyright owner may have paid Katzman to use the character. Captain Silver and his friends --- Jerry and seagoing cowboy Tex and a Chinese inventor named Kukai --- are cruising through tropical waters, between California and Catalina, aboard the "Sea Hound" when they pick up an SOS from the yacht "Esmeralda." Silver sails to Typhoon Cove and finds the yacht under attack by "pirates." Aboard the attacked craft... Written by
Les Adams <email@example.com>
Death On The Ocean's Floor!
Did You Know?
Chapter Titles and PCA Numbers:
- 1. Captain Silver Sails Again (PCA #12451)
- 2. Spanish Gold (PCA #12452)
- 3. Mystery of the Map (PCA #12453)
- 4. Menaced by Ryaks (PCA #12454)
- 5. Captain Silver's Strategy (PCA #12455)
- 6. The Sea Hound at Bay (PCA #12456)
- 7. Bland's Treachery (PCA #12457)
- 8. In the Admiral's Lair (PCA #12458)
- 9. On the Water Wheel (PCA #12459)
- 10.On the Treasure Trail (PCA #12460)
- 11.The Sea Hound Attacked (PCA #12461)
- 12.Dangerous Waters (PCA #12462)
- 13.The Panther's Prey (PCA #12463)
- 14.The Fatal Double-Cross (PCA #12464)
- 15.Captain Silver's Last Stand (PCA #12465)
Chapter two: When Captain Silver goes down the beach looking for Jerry his gun is tucked in his belt. Upon arriving where Jerry is held prisoner, he is attacked by one of the bad guys, and his gun is in a holster. See more
Are you ready to decipher the map for me, Captain?
It is most regrettable. I think you will after a longer stay under the water.