IMDb > It's a Wonderful Life (1946) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
It's a Wonderful Life

It's a Wonderful Life More at IMDbPro »

Page 33 of 65: [Prev][28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [Next]

Pure style

Author: (highlites@lineone.net) from UK
18 June 2001

This film never fails to lose my interest every time I see it. With a moral that is relevant to anyone, anywhere whatever the time you are watching it, this film appeals to all. James Stewart brings his own sympathetic style to the role of George Bailey making the film highly watchable and appealing. This film is certainly a credit to it's director and actors. Brilliant.

An inspirational, uplifting tale for all seasons

Author: goya-4 from PA USA
28 April 2001

Jimmy Stewart stars in this classic as a man saved from suicide by his guardian angel. The angel takes him through what life would have been like without George Bailey. A film that runs the gamut of emotions: happiness, sadness, joy, tragedy, success, failure. The acting is superb, a great script and an outstanding cast make this one of the best movies ever made. A must see must own classic for all ages. #7 on my personal all time best list. 10 of 10

The most wonderful movie of all time

Author: (sebastian_frings@gmx.de)
14 January 2001

What a fantastic movie! All words of the world can not describe this wonderful movie. All of this movie is wonderful, especially James Stewart and Donna Reed. One of the few timeless classics of cinema history. Thanks God (and Frank Capra) for this movie which loves the whole world. A movie for everybody with a heart. A movie for dreaming. A movie for eternity...

The best Christmas movie ever!

Author: Monika-5 from United States
9 October 2000

What a wonderful film. Sure, it ends happily but it is also a very dark, dramatic film. NO ONE could've played the unlucky hero, George Bailey as wonderfully as James Stewart did. I could never imagine anyone else playing him, and a wonderful supporting cast backs him up beautifully. Who hasn't felt like George at some point in our lives and wondered how our loved ones would be if we'd never been born? The saga of George Bailey is a wonderful story to behold. A must-see, especially at Christmas.

They don't come much better than this movie. Superb!

Author: Quietone from Ontario, Canada
4 September 2000

Excellently acted by all! Sets a mark for other movies to attain. A true classic, for which ~alas~ there will probably never be an equal. It's too bad we cannot turn back the hands of time and relive this era of excellence in movies; of which this film is a shining example.

the meaning of life.

Author: moodoo from portsmouth, england
11 December 1999

Frank Capras film is the best film i've seen.The movie captures the sprit of humanity and gives us an insight in the human soul. George Baily a man who always done his best is shown what his world would have been like if he'd never been born. The film has humour and until wit and i think is remeniscent of a christmas carol to some extent. A classic christmassy film that leaves a lump in you're throat, one to watch if you're feeling low.

Citizen Kane, Casablanca...Ba Hum bug!!!

Author: Diamond Tim T.S. Pleshaw (zzzuko78@aol.com) from Las Vegas, NV.
4 December 1999

In my opinion the greatest film ever made. Every Christmas Eve I go to my Mom's for a while then over to the Philpo's, where Mrs. Philpo makes me a batch of M&M cookies and then I go home and pop in the video with a frosty mug of milk to wash down the cookies. It is a Christmas tradition that will never die. I feel as though I've been transported to Framingham, Massachusetts where it felt like Bedford Falls in the early 70's as a kid. I guess I was about George Bailey's age when he saves his brother Harry from drowning in the pond. My Grandparents reminded me so much of Jimmy Stewart & Donna Reed that I swore the movie was about us. I felt like I knew everyone in the entire movie from Nick the bartender to Clarence the angel who gets his wings! A fireplace forever warms my heart every cold December when I watch this incredible masterpiece. No matter where in the world I may be, it's home. The 20th Century is nearing it's end and with a new millennium approaching "It's A Wonderful Life" should reflect what was good about the last 100 years. So put some logs in the fire, Mrs. Philpo's M&M cookie recipe and a frosty glass of milk! "No Gin tonight son"..."Awwwww".

Head and shoulders above the rest

Author: peterm-4 from Sydney, Australia
27 November 1999

It's a Wonderful Life is, quite simply, the greatest film ever made. It deals with the theme of Each Man's Life Touches So Many Others with great warmth intelligence and humour. James Stewart's performance is flawless and he displays a range not seen up to that point. It is a beautiful, important and, yes, unsentimental film that will always have a special place in my heart.

Anyone who has ever felt worthless should see It's a Wonderful Life!

One of the best movies ever made

Author: johncros from Rotherham, England
24 November 1999

I first watched this film as a young boy and fell in love with it straight away. I think that part of it's enduring appeal is that all audiences young and old can relate to this movie, I introduced my daughter to it last christmas and I look forward to sitting down to watch it this year with my baby boy.

O.K as you grow older you realise that some of the dialogue is perhaps a little corny but there can be no denying the strength of the acting, especially Stewart who in my opinion gives the performance of his life.

Some scenes take your breath away especially the bridge scene when George Bailey begs for his life back when the harsh wind dies away and snow starts to fall again, pure brilliance!

The ending always makes me fill up.

I don't think a movie as good as this will be ever made again

ALL-TIME FAVORITE

Author: Ritch-5 (rich_hine@compaid.com) from PENNA, USA
11 November 1999

This is a movie that has to be experienced to be appreciated. The names may be changed, the time periods, settings, situations and places may be different, but, this is the story of every person who thought they lost everything and were given a second chance to find it. Jimmy Stewart at his usual best. Donna Reed at her most lovely. Great acting all around, especially Barrymore at his most sinister. Although this usually appears at Christmas, this is more than just a Christmas classic.