IMDb > The Eyes Have It (1945) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Eyes Have It More at IMDbPro »

A Donald Duck short where Pluto steals the show

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
13 February 2013

I love Disney and Donald Duck, and Pluto has done a lot that I enjoy. I have seen better than The Eyes Have It, but there is still much that is very entertaining. The animation is beautiful to look at, the vibrant colours and fluidity in the backgrounds and character designs is very 1940s Disney. That of Pluto changing into different animals was what impressed me most. In regard to the music, what I have always loved about the Disney shorts is how the music enhances the gags and the action while also being adeptly composed. There are no disappointments with the music of The Eyes Have It, it has everything that I have always loved with the music of the Disney shorts. The story is simple but not predictable- excepting the Pluto causing chaos ending- with a great idea. The gags are highly amusing, the sequence with Pluto as a chicken is hilarious as well as Pluto being tricked into thinking he's a mouse(even the attitude is just right). Donald is always a pleasure to watch, and while more understated than usual- it is also a role that could have easily done by Mickey every bit as effectively- he is fun. It is Pluto though who steals the show and has the best moments.

All in all, very entertaining though Pluto steals the show under Donald in my opinion. 9/10 Bethany Cox

One of the best ones with Donald and Pluto.

Author: OllieSuave-007 from California, USA
10 May 2016

This is a hilarious cartoon where Donald Duck uses hypothesis l glasses he received on Pluto, making the dog act like all sorts of animals from a mouse to a turtle to a chicken. However, after Donald makes Pluto act like a lion, the glasses accidentally break after Pluto bumps into him and Donald finds himself being chased by a fierce Pluto lion.

I love it when Donald displays his crafty face, knowing that he is up to his devilish ways.

Lots of slapstick humor and fun action - the perfect cartoon for lots of laughs and entertainment and is one of the best ones with Donald and Pluto.

Grade A