IMDb > Jungle Cavalcade (1941) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Jungle Cavalcade More at IMDbPro »

Wonderful film about life in the jungle and how Frank Buck collected it for zoos and other institutions.

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
12 July 2010

One of the documentaries about animal collector Frank Buck, who's "bring 'em back alive" motto is still well known. This film really surprised me since I was not really prepared for it to be such a great little film.

This is a neat little film about Buck going off into the jungle and capturing snakes and tigers and monkeys and other things. Its a film that more or less takes you from the journey into the jungle through the setting up of non lethal traps, through the process of collecting onward and includes comments about where the animals actually ended up. Its a super film that really shows us how things were done back in the 30's and 40's while it also shows us some really incredible images of animals in the wild (The snake big cat fight is great).

A magnificent film that is really one of my finds of the year.

OK

Author: Xomby from USA
7 May 1999

I saw this a long time ago on A&E when I was about 6 or so. I kind of liked it, especially the snake and tiger battle and the part where the monkeys the hunters trapped got their hands stuck in coconuts but wouldn't let go of the food inside, so they were stuck! The elephants were cool too. But I don't think anyone but me has actually seen this in 50 or so years, really...it was pretty good, I guess.