Industry information at your fingertips
Over 200,000 Hollywood insiders
Enhance your IMDb Page
Go to IMDbPro »
The book has twice been adapted by the BBC as a serial for television, in 1960 and 1975. It was also adapted as a Broadway musical, called 'A Time for Singing', which opened at the Broadway Theatre, New York, on May 21, 1966.
How Green Was My Valley was nominated for ten Academy Awards, winning five and beating out the other 1942 nominees, The Maltese Falcon, Sergeant York, and Citizen Kane, for Best Picture.
Academy Award wins:
* Best Picture - Darryl F. Zanuck.
* Best Director - John Ford
* Best Supporting Actor - Donald Crisp
* Best B&W Cinematography - Arthur C. Miller
* Best B&W Art Direction-Interior Decoration - Richard Day, Nathan H. Juran, and Thomas Little
Academy Award nominations:
* Best Adapted Screenplay - Philip Dunne
* Best Supporting Actress - Sara Allgood
* Best Film Editing - James B. Clark
* Best Music, Scoring of a Dramatic Picture - Alfred Newman
* Best Recording Sound - Edmund H. Hansen
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your Watchlist and rate your favorite movies and TV shows on your phone or tablet!