IMDb > The Lone Stranger and Porky (1939) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Lone Stranger and Porky More at IMDbPro »

All that whinnies is not golden . . .

Author: Edgar Allan Pooh from The Gutters of Baltimore
5 April 2017

. . . Warner Bros.' always prophetic Animated Shorts Seers division (aka, the Looney Tuners) warn We Americans of the (Then) Far Future with THE LONE STRANGER AND PORKY. Warner's clairvoyant psychics always were kindly disposed to inform their Posterity that is Us about our upcoming Calamities, Catastrophes, Cataclysms, and Apocalypti. STRANGER & PORKY concludes with the title masked vigilante's ride--the mare Silver--birthing a litter of six colts, the hindmost of which sports a Snidely Whiplash-style villain's mustache (as well as a miscreant's sadistic "Na-Ha-Ha-Ha!" cackle, courtesy of voice artist Billy Bletcher). Clearly Warner is warning We of Today of the Trojan Horse in our midst, Russia's KGB MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, Don Juan Rump. This brief cartoon's equine monster is given the Evil Last Laugh at the close of STRANGER, indicating that Warner's scribes of Tomorrowland saw little hope for an America who would elevate Red Commie KGB Chief Vlad "The Mad Russian" Putin's Puppet Rump to Game-Show-Host-in-Chief and actually allow him to be installed in the Hallowed Halls of Our White House. Our only chance is to exile Rump, his 62 million enablers, and these Benedict Arnold Quisling's families to a barren rocky island such as Puerto Rico or Australia, Warner suggests with a late tableau of STRANGER's lead human outlaw in a makeshift Devilish Island-fashioned Hoosegow.