IMDb > Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Page 5 of 19: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Good

Author: jenkinsr628 from United Kingdom
24 July 2009

This version of Snow White and the seven dwarfs in my opinion is the best. Positive points i like about this movie are firstly the fact that there has been lots of animated versions of the fairytale made and none of them have out stood Disney's animation. Secondly i enjoy the charming songs in the movie because they are magical. Thirdly i like the voice talents for examples Pinto Colvig voiced Grumpy and Sleepy and they sounded so different. Also Lucille La Verne also voiced two characters - The Queen and The Witch.

Many animated versions have been produced of this charming fairytale and this one out stood them all with it's animation, songs, characters and that Disney touch! This animated version was the original and simply is the fairest of them all!! JCJ

Walt Disney was a genius when when he showed us this movie

Author: jvfunn1 from Zephyrhills FL
28 April 2009

Being a big fan of animation Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is one of my favorites. Being Walt's first film and the first animated film it should be any animated film lovers favorite movie. I love it in the movie when Sneezy sneezes and it causes the dwarfs to go flying like a Hurricane wind and Grumpy says You crazy fool! By time you you pick to sneeze! I also liked Doc and his spoonerisms like when they arrive back at their house from the mines and Doc says Look! Our house the lits light uh the lights lit. That was hilarious! Filled with wonderful characters, music, story, comedy, and animation Snow White is a true animation treasure that no matter how old Snow White is as she's turning 72 years old this year she'll always be the fairest of them all! Walt Disney was a genius when he made Snow White in 1937. He deserved the award given to him by Shirley Temple in 1938 for the movie. God bless you Walt Disney and thank you for showing us what animation can do when you tell a wonderful and great story. Snow White will always be the fairest of them all!

A Masterpiece At Least

Author: madeye666 from United States
7 March 2007

Film-"Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" Rating-G for General Audiences Creator-Walt Disney Release Year-1937

From the timeless melodies of "I'm Wishing," and "Heigh Ho," to the ballads of "Someday My Prince Will Come," and "One Song," the world's first full length animated feature is a brilliant sensation. It is a singularly amazing triumph, with memorable characters, catchy songs, and a fairy tale setting, this film outlined the recipe of old and upcoming films, like RAPUNZEL.

The most chilling part of this film-the dramatic villain-the Evil Queen, who turns herself into a hag to kill Snow White, so she can be "Fairest in the land."

And this film has it's place as the most fantastic DVD debut of all time for a Disney film. I do not have the discs, but borrowed them from a friend once, and I was in deep shock with the dazzling restoration in picture and sound.

The comic relief is a most spectacular hilarity in this film. With the Seven Dwarfs-Happy, Bashful, Doc, Sneezy, Grumpy, Sleepy and most memorable of all Dopey, this film is a pure treat with it's innocent charm in the department of comedy.

All in all, this film is a sheer joy-Spotless. It is a dazzling triumph and holds a place in everyone's heart. It is the most memorable of all Disney films.

Walt Disney's Timeless Classic, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!"

A great movie, then and now!

Author: Nathanael Swann from Norfolk, VA
21 November 2006

Walt Disney was making a huge gamble when he made this movie. He went way over budget, and even mortgaged his house for more financing...but it all paid off! This movie was, and still is, a classic! The animation techniques used were brand new for that day and age, and its effects can still be seen now. Even now, the viewer is struck in awe of the beauty and wonderfulness that is in this movie.

Besides the amazing animation, it also has a great cast of characters, as well as many catchy tunes that make you want to "whistle while you work!" I loved this movie, for all of the above reasons, and the fact that it will always be a masterpiece for generations to come.

If you have not had the chance to see it, I strongly encourage you to check it out...you will be very glad that you did!

Snow White is the Film of Ages.

Author: jachimp from London, England
10 December 2005

Withot this film, Disney would never have been so famous. Ever. For without it, Pixar wouldn't have been able to add it's amazing graphics for films like The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the story of a girl who possesses deep beauty, and a wicked Queen who possesses vanity.

The Wicked Queen without a doubt is the most cold and evil villain to grace the Land of Disney, and she is the first. Standards of villains in Disney today are below, with none being so frightening as even the Queens eyes.

Masterpiece.

Amazing and Powerful film.

Author: MayorWilkins502 from USA
12 November 2004

I love this movie. It is much darker however than most would think. I girl is forced to flee into the forest to escape the evil queen. This queen is the most serious villain and most insane in my recent memory. Not only does she try to kill Snow White twice, but is into witchcraft and sacrifices her own good looks to destroy her stepdaughter's. And of course the music, animation, characters and voice talents are wonderful. This is Walt Disney's dream, share it with your children.

I would be advised that today, the Witch would probably give this a PG rating. But it is worth it in the end to see good triumph over evil. And considering this was done in 1937, the animation and dedication of those animators is stunning.

Question for men (or women who might know)

Author: beegirll
5 February 2014

So we all know that Snow White is innocent, sweet, loving etc. Basically in my eyes she would be the type of girl I'd want a serious relationship with if I were a guy. My question is, do guys these days girls like Snow White? Do they appreciate her sweet old fashioned qualities? OK I realize she was like around 15-16 years old, but I mean even women in their 20's and 30's can be this way. I understand we all lose some innocence along the way because that's a part of life. But we can still have innocent like qualities and be feminine like she was. So, do guys appreciate this type of girl? I'm starting to see more and more guys going for the opposite.

Longing for the Days of Hand-Drawn Animation

Author: evanston_dad from United States
19 January 2006

Watching this first feature length Disney film is a reminder that today's slick computer-generated Pixar movies come at the expense of hand-drawn artistry. "Snow White" is horribly dated in some ways, especially apparent whenever Snow White herself breaks into that piercing, warbly soprano to sing some very familiar songs, but there are moments in this film that will take your breath away with their sheer beauty of animation. I especially liked the wicked queen, who's really scary, and not a jokey villain like those of Disney's more modern animated films. O.k. so a single attractive female shacking up with seven smitten men would make many an eyebrow raise today, but get your minds out of the gutter, people.

I can accept that technology changes, and today's animation offers many treats in its own right, but that doesn't mean I don't lament an art that has become by and large obsolete.

Grade: A

Charming Disney masterpiece which is very romantic

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
27 November 2005

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS, in my opinion, is a charming Disney masterpiece which is very romantic. If you ask me, the queen (voice of Lucille La Verne) was truly diabolical. Still, she was very attractive. On the other hand, Snow White (voice of Adriana Caselotti) was very beautiful. In addition, as the magic mirror said, nothing could hide her beauty. Also, she could truly sing. Well, despite the fact that everyone in this film could sing, Snow White was the best. This would probably be because she did most of the singing. To me, the scenery was beautiful, the cast was well chosen, and the writing was strong. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that everyone involved in this film did very well. Now, in conclusion, I highly recommend this charming Disney masterpiece which is very romantic to all of you who haven't seen it. You're in for a good time, so go to the video store, rent it or buy it, kick back with a friend, and watch it.

The Best Ever!!

Author: Legos from Churubusco
18 October 1998

Snow White is easily the best animated feature ever produced. Spectacular animation, good, evil, romance and the best music ever.