IMDb > The Eleventh Commandment (1933) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Eleventh Commandment More at IMDbPro »

The Eleventh Commandment

Author: roxyroxy
15 June 2005

During the first viewing of "The Eleventh Commandment" I thought that it was just another of those muddled B-Films from the early 1930's. Nothing seemed to make much sense. I watched it only because I like it's star Marian Marsh, so the next day I watched it again and found that I liked it better. It's one of those films that you have to see more than once to get anything out of it, albeit there are still a couple of things that come to mind which are still not explained. A rich spinster dies and if no member of her family claim her fortune it will automatically go to her attorney (Marsh's father). However, the attorney's junior partner (who just happens to be Marsh's boyfriend) would like to get a share of the fortune himself. He enlists the aid of a barmaid (no relation to the spinster) and one of the spinster's relatives (who , obviously is not a close enough relation to collect on his own) to pose as direct relations of the spinster so that the group can collect. Marsh's sister (who may or may not be Marsh's sister) and the spinster's former husband from Germany wind up figuring in the proceedings, too. Sound complicated? It is, but in the long run it's worth it. It's got some pretty decent acting, nice sets and believe it or not an "All's well that ends well" finale.