This film was first telecast on New York City's pioneer television station W2XBS Saturday 4 May 1940. It is one of over 200 titles in the list of independent feature films made available for television presentation by Advance Television Pictures announced in Motion Picture Herald 4 April 1942. At this time, television broadcasting was in its infancy, almost totally curtailed by the advent of World War II, and would not continue to develop until 1945-1946.
One of only a handful of films to be shot in the widescreen Magnifilm 65mm format. (Other studios were also experimenting with other wide formats at the time.) The expense of upgrading theaters with new screens and projectors - after just having to install sound equipment - coupled with the Depression and the December, 1930 edict from the MPPDA that the film industry not cause "the public's curiosity to be aroused about any new innovations for at least two years" effectively killed the new format. Widescreen formats did not return until the middle of the 1950's out of the necessity to compete with television.