IMDb > The Best People (1925) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Best People More at IMDbPro »

The Best People (1925) - Lost ?

Author: Pamela Short from Canada
8 August 2016

It is my ambition to add as many silent film synopsis of films that have a survival status of unknown or presumed lost. I try to do as much research as I can and it is not my intention to deceive anyone, for sometimes the film does exist. I am more than delighted if someone has knowledge of a film listed as lost but survives, as I wish all silent films did survive. I hope the reader enjoys this brief synopsis.

Wealthy Mrs. Lenox ( Kathlyn Williams ) intends that her son and daughter shall marry into their own class; the children, Bertie ( Joseph Striker ) and Marian ( Margaret Morris ), plan otherwise: Marian is in love with Henry Morgan ( Warner Baxter ), the sensible family chauffeur, and Bertie loves Alice O'Neil ( Esther Ralston ), a chorus girl. Arthur Rockmere ( William Austin ), Marian's anemic, sometime fiancé, arranges with Marian's father and her uncle, Throckmorton ( Larry Steers ), to meet with Alice and Millie ( Margaret Livingston )(one of Alice's friends) in order to buy off Alice. Bertie learns of the meeting and tries to disrupt it, landing in jail in the company of Alice, Millie, and Throckmorton. Millie bails them out; Bertie marries Alice, Marian marries Henry, and Uncle Throckmorton, the self-styled social arbiter, marries Millie.

This 1925 silent comedy/romance was based from the play The Best People by David Gray and Avery Hopwood, produced by the Famous Players-Lasky Corporation, starring Warner Baxter, Esther Ralston, Margaret Livingston, and Kathlyn Williams. The survival status of The Best People is listed in the American Silent Feature Film Database as; No holdings located in archives.