IMDb > Alice's Tin Pony (1925) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
18 July 2015

Alice's Tin Pony (1925)

*** (out of 4)

Fast and fun short from Walt Disney has Alice and her cat Julius running their own railroad station and they get a visit from Pete the bear who is a bandit and comes after the train. ALICE'S TIN PONY is another good entry in the series as we're given some really funny moments here and in fact, up to this point in the series, the best moment. This highlight happens when Pete has a drunk bear come up to him and trying to start trouble. I'm not going to spoil what happens but the animation is perfect and the joke is just downright hilarious. Other highlights includes Julius accidentally setting himself on fire and there's no question that the ending is great.

Training for Alice

Author: tedg (tedg@filmsfolded.com) from Virginia Beach
16 April 2008

Before Micky, even before we worked out what realities we wanted in animation, Disney made this. With his own hand.

The Alice supposed to be Alice from Wonderland. She is a live character superimposed on the cartoon, interacting with drawn objects.

The "tin pony" is a locomotive, and there are lots of sight gags having to do with plastic physics. Walt was responsible for several serious problems in the film world. But this really shows a lot of cleverness and promise.

I don't know my cartoon history, so I do not know how Felix the Cat features so prominently in this.

Ted's Evaluation -- 2 of 3: Has some interesting elements.