Most Popular "Lifetime Achievement Award" Titles
2. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to George Lucas (2005 TV Special)
TV-PG | 120 min | Biography
The American Film Institute awards George Lucas with their highest honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award.
3. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to John Williams (2016 TV Movie)
66 min | Biography
For the first time The American Film Institute honors a composer, John Williams, with its highest honor. Steven Spielberg presents the award in a ceremony at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
4. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to James Cagney (1974 TV Special)
75 min | Documentary
Actor James Cagney receives the Second Annual AFI Lifetime Achievment Award as co-workers pay tribute and clips from his films are shown.
5. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Billy Wilder (1986 TV Special)
Legendary filmmaker Billy Wilder becomes the 14th recipient of The American Film Institute Life Achievement Award as clips from a number of his classic films are unreeled: "The Major and ... See full summary »
6. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Fred Astaire (1981 TV Movie)
120 min | Documentary, Music
A Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to dancer Fred Astaire by the AFI featuring highlights from his films and reminiscences from his co-workers.
8. AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to James Stewart (1980 TV Special)
90 min | Documentary, Biography
The American Film Institute gives its eighth Lifetime Achievment Award to James (Jimmy) Stewart in a ceremony hosted by his long-time friend Henry Fonda.