IMDb TRIVIA GAME FOR iPHONE AND iPOD TOUCH NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON THE APP STORE
IMDb Continues To Demonstrate Significant Mobile Momentum, Adding a Movie, TV and Celebrity Trivia Game To Its Roster of Award-Winning, Chart-Topping Mobile Apps
SEATTLE, WA. – September 27, 2011—IMDb, the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, today announced that IMDb Trivia, a free iPhone and iPod touch application, is available for download worldwide beginning today on the App Store. Intended to challenge and inform entertainment fans with movie, TV and celebrity trivia questions curated from IMDb’s unrivaled selection of entertainment trivia, IMDb Trivia is IMDb’s first foray into games. To download and begin playing IMDb Trivia now, go to: http://imdb.to/rl2pVH
"IMDb, the #1 movie website, has one of the largest collections of movie and TV trivia in the world,” said Col Needham, founder and CEO of IMDb. “We created this game in response to a clear customer need: IMDb trivia pages receive more than 100 million page views annually; IMDb users spend more than 4 million hours on IMDb.com’s trivia pages per year. Fans were even making up their own trivia games on IMDb message boards."
Today’s announcement is the most recent example of IMDb’s continued momentum in the mobile space. IMDb is already accessible in a customized, platform-optimized manner on leading mobile devices via its popular “Movies & TV” app for iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Android tablets, Windows Phone and its mobile-optimized website (m.imdb.com). IMDb also announced the following mobile milestones today:
- To date, there have been more than 26 million installs of IMDb mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android and WP7) worldwide.
- IMDb’s popular iPhone and iPad app has been installed by more than 15 million users worldwide since it launched in December 2009.
- IMDb’s leading Android app has been installed more than 10 million times since it launched in June 2010.
- Year-over-year (2010 to 2011), IMDb’s app starts are on track to increase by 200%.
- IMDb’s mobile properties have more than 25 million monthly visitors.
- IMDb’s iPhone and iPad app have both been inducted into the iTunes Hall of Fame.
To learn more about IMDb’s mobile offerings, go to: (http://www.imdb.com/apps/).
More About IMDb Trivia
- IMDb Trivia brings IMDb’s vast selection of entertainment information to life in a fun, engaging manner with links to the IMDb site, so that it’s easy to learn even more about the movies, TV shows and celebrities featured in the game. Additionally, every question in the game is coupled with a fun fact about the featured movie, TV show or celebrity.
- The app is free to download and comes preloaded with hundreds of challenging movie, TV and celebrity trivia questions varying in levels of difficulty. Additional game packs can be earned through points by correctly answering trivia questions, or purchased separately via the app.
- The initial game categories are: Sneak Peek; Hollywood Hits; Family Movies; TV Favorites; and Blockbuster Films. Additional packs are available to purchase for as little as 99 cents.
- Players can publicize their scores on Facebook and compete with other players through leaderboards in the Apple Game Center.
- The game is available for download worldwide.
- To learn more about IMDb Trivia, go to: http://imdbtrivia.com
To download and play IMDb Trivia, go to: http://imdb.to/rl2pVH