Film Articles

Swank Is Desperate for a Baby
Marcia Cross Puts Gay Rumors to Rest
Zellweger Desperate for a Break
Sizemore 'Files for Bankruptcy'
Lopez Takes Up Journalism
Insulted Gellar Dumps Agent
Reeves Targeted by Spooky Warner Bros. Ghosts
Kutcher Faced Hostility Over Combs Friendship
Fonda's People Dismiss Orgy Story
Falco Adopts a Baby Boy

Related Pages

Previous Day
Next Day


Movie/TV News

WENN

16 March 2005

Share on Facebook

Swank Is Desperate for a Baby

Actress Hilary Swank has quashed rumors she dislikes children - insisting she's desperate to start a family with her actor husband Chad Lowe. The Million Dollar Baby beauty insists that contrary to press claims, she put off motherhood because she felt too young to have a baby when she was in her twenties. But now, the 30-year-old believes she's mature enough to try for a child with Lowe. She says, "Of course I love children. In my twenties I wasn't ready, but now I realize it will probably be sooner rather than later."

Marcia Cross Puts Gay Rumors to Rest

Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross has put gay rumors about her to rest, after embarking on a romance with a man. The 43-year-old actress was previously plagued with accusations of being a lesbian, which she vehemently denied, but she's now been spotted with Tom Mahoney. The two enjoyed a romantic private ski weekend trip with to Deer Valley, Utah, earlier this month. Cross and Mahoney stayed at a $695 suite at the Stein Eriksen Lodge.

Zellweger Desperate for a Break

Cold Mountain star Renee Zellweger is escaping the limelight for a year in a desperate bid to avoid burning out. The hardworking beauty, 35, has found that constant film-making is taking its toll, and she's determined to discover more about herself while she's on hiatus. She says, "I'd like to take a year off from filming. I would like to not go into a make-up trailer for a year." The star, currently dating Irish singer Damien Rice, fears that fatigue will prevent her from being at her best on set. She adds, "I don't think I'd have so much to give to a project that I was participating in right now because I'm in such need of a break." Texas-born Zellweger is also keen to use her hard-earned break to reflect on her life so far. She explains, "I want some time to consider my options. I want to figure out who I am as a grown-up woman. I need to refuel. I need to live a bit as just a girl and not as somebody else."

Sizemore 'Files for Bankruptcy'

Actor Tom Sizemore has allegedly filed for bankruptcy, after spending more than $11 million on legal fees to battle drug and domestic violence charges. The Black Hawk Down star was charged last month with possession of the drug methamphetamine and violation of probation for domestic violence towards his former fiancee Heidi Fleiss in 2003. He faces four years in prison when he's sentenced later this month but could also risk losing his Beverly Hills, California mansion to creditors, after his mounting debts forced him to file for bankruptcy, reports British newspaper The Sun.

Lopez Takes Up Journalism

Jennifer Lopez will re-team with her Selena director Gregory Nava to play a journalist in her next movie, Bordertown. Lopez, who won acclaim when she portrayed tragic singer Selena Quintanilla-perez in the 1997 movie, will play a reporter who investigates a series of murders near American-owned factories on the border of Juarez, Mexico and El Paso, Texas. Production on the movie is set to begin in New Mexico and Mexico on April 30, 2005.

Insulted Gellar Dumps Agent

Hollywood beauty Sarah Michelle Gellar has ditched the prestigious William Morris Agency after its president dismissed the star as "nothing at all". David Wirtschafter offended the Buffy The Vampire Slayer actress with his comments in US publication the New Yorker surrounding her performance in horror movie The Grudge. Yesterday, Gellar's public relations spokesperson confirmed that she "has left the William Morris Agency effective immediately because of the New Yorker article", reports website Pagesix.Com. However, the sexy star will remain with management company The Firm. Gellar isn't the only star who has been upset by the outspoken talent boss - Charlie's Angels star Lucy Liu has also had problems with William Morris, but not "because of the article" according to a company spokesperson.

Reeves Targeted by Spooky Warner Bros. Ghosts

Keanu Reeves and director Francis Lawrence were overcome with fear when supernatural forces disrupted shooting on a vital Constantine scene. The cast and crew had gathered in sound stage 16 at Warner Bros' Hollywood lot to work on the spooky blockbuster, but were soon desperate to leave the building when paranormal activity started to arise. And it was particularly terrifying for all present - because they were all aware of the spooky forces that had tormented movie-makers working on The Exorcist and Poltergeist. Lawrence tells Britain's Empire magazine, "It was strange. There was this one set that we worked on that got weird. We were on Warner Bros sound stage 16, and we'd built theses two rooms, the physiotherapy and hydrotherapy rooms - they're a huge part of the ending of the movie. "And one half of it, the physiotherapy side, just got weird. We were there for six weeks in this room, and people were getting sick, or didn't feel good or got angry. There was just something about that room."

Kutcher Faced Hostility Over Combs Friendship

Ashton Kutcher claims his friendship with Sean 'P Diddy' Combs caused so much outrage, he faced hostility from a number of the rap mogul's friends. Kutcher, boyfriend of Demi Moore, has been enjoying a friendship with Combs for some time, and is stunned at the amount of attention it seems to have attracted. He says, "People couldn't understand what this white kid from middle America, this farm kid, was doing with this black hip-hop mogul from New York. "His friends would come up to me and say, 'I don't know what's going on, but if you're trying to get something...' I was like, 'We're just friends! People aren't used to that."

Fonda's People Dismiss Orgy Story

Jane Fonda's publicists are rushing to dismiss British tabloid claims that the actress was once forced to sleep with women by her ex-husband Roger Vadim. A report in The Daily Mirror claims to quote Fonda from her upcoming autobiography My Life So Far, which is due out in April, but the Barbarella star's people insists the story is bogus. In a statement released yesterday, Fonda's spokesman says, "This did not come from the manuscript. There are major inaccuracies, as people will see when they read the book." The Mirror's report suggests Vadim forced Fonda to phone escort companies and chat up girls in bars so they could take part in his "cruel and misogynistic" sex sessions.

Falco Adopts a Baby Boy

The Sopranos star Edie Falco is a new mum after adopting a son called Anderson. According to U.S. TV news show The Insider, the 41-year-old actress became an adoptive single mum in December but has kept her family news quiet until now. Falco chose the name Anderson because it was her mother's maiden name.

Articles Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

The Internet Movie Database takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the articles above. Studio Briefing is edited by Lew Irwin and articles are the copyright of StudioBriefing.  The Celebrity News articles are licensed from WENN (World Entertainment News Network) and published for the entertainment of our users only. The WENN items do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that WENN's reporting is completely factual. Please address any complaints regarding the content of WENN to imdb@wenn.com.