16 articles


Hacker Threatens to Release New Season of ‘Orange Is the New Black’

3 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

A hacker who claims to have stolen the new season of “Orange is the New Black” is threatening to release the episodes online, unless Netflix pays an undisclosed amount of money, Variety has confirmed.

“We are aware of the situation. A production vendor used by several major TV studios had its security compromised and the appropriate law enforcement authorities are involved,” Netflix said in a statement.

Using the alias The Dark Overlord, the hacker reportedly stole other TV shows in the breach, according to the AP, and may have already uploaded the first episode of “Orange Is the New Black” Season 5 to an illegal file-sharing website.

The F.B.I. is said to be investigating the matter. »


- Variety Staff

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Roseanne’ Revival in the Works with Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert

10 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

A revival of the popular sitcom “Roseanne” is in the works with original cast members Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, and Sara Gilbert already on board, Variety has confirmed.

The project is currently being shopped to both broadcast networks and streaming services. The original series ran for nine seasons on ABC and was widely praised for its portrayal of working class Americans.

Revivals of old shows are all the rage of late. Fox debuted “24: Legacy” in January, while a new season of “Prison Break” began airing on the network in April. Last year, Netflix debuted a four-episode continuation of “The Gilmore Girls.” In addition, NBC is producing a new 12-episode run of “Will & Grace,” which will air during the 2017-2018 season, while Showtime is preparing to launch new episodes of David Lynch’s cult classic series “Twin Peaks.”

Deadline first reported this news.

More to come…

»


- Joe Otterson

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Adds ‘Penny Dreadful,’ ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Vets to Cast

12 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

CBS All Access’ “Star Trek: Discovery” has added five additional actors to its upcoming debut season. Among the new cast members are Shazad Latif of Showtime’s “Penny Dreadful” and Rekha Sharma of Syfy’s “Battlestar Galactica.”

The new cast additions are:

Shazad Latif (“Penny Dreadful”): Lieutenant Tyler, a Starfleet officer in the Federation. Rekha Sharma (“Battlestar Galactica,” “The 100″): Commander Landry, the security officer of the Starship Discovery. Kenneth Mitchell (“Jericho,” “The Astronaut Wives Club”): Kol, a commanding officer in the Klingon Empire. Clare McConnell (“Dim the Fluorescents”): Dennas, a leader in the Klingon Empire. Damon Runyan (“Suits,” “Supernatural,” “Gangland Undercover”): Ujilli, a leader in the Klingon Empire.

The new actors join a cast that includes “The Walking Dead” actress Sonequa Martin-Green, who will star as the lead lieutenant commander, plus James Frain as Spock’s father Sarek, Anthony Rapp as a space fungus expert, and »


- Daniel Holloway

Permalink | Report a problem


Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’ in the Works as TV Series From Paramount, Anonymous Content

12 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

Lestat is coming to television. Paramount TV and Anonymous Content have optioned the rights to 11 of Anne Rice’s “Vampire Chronicles” books for adaptation, the companies announced Friday. “It is undeniable that Anne Rice has created the paradigm against which all vampire stories are measured. The rich and vast world she has created with ‘The Vampire Chronicles’ is unmatched and sophisticated with 90’s gothic undertones that will be perfectly suited to captivate audiences,” said Amy Powell, President, Paramount TV, in a statement. “The series is full of compelling characters led by Lestat, arguably one of the greatest original characters, literary. »


- Linda Ge

Permalink | Report a problem


‘The Big Bang Theory’: Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals

12 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

The entire cast of CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” is back under contract.

Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch have finalized their deals with producer Warner Bros. Television to stay with the Chuck Lorre comedy for what is envisioned as its final two seasons, Variety has learned. According to insiders with knowledge of the negotiations, the deal will pay Bialik and Rauch $500,000 per episode for 48 episode. The deals are believed to include a separate development component for both actors.

A representative for Warner Bros. Television declined to comment.

CBS renewed “The Big Bang Theory” in March for two more seasons after finalizing deals with the show’s original five cast members — Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg — who are set to earn $900,000 per episode each. Those five actors each took a $100,000-per-episode pay cut from the $1 million that each had been earning in order to free up additional money for Bialik and »


- Daniel Holloway

Permalink | Report a problem


Ratings: Fox’s ‘Kicking & Screaming’ Finale Sinks to Series Lows

13 hours ago | The Wrap | See recent The Wrap news »

The Hannah Simone-hosted “Kicking & Screaming” season finale slipped to series lows on Thursday, matching its worst-ever TV rating in the key 18-49 demographic and setting a new low-water mark among total viewers. That disappointing performance dropped Fox behind Telemundo for the night, and into a tie with Univision. ABC topped primetime in the main demo with its “Tgit” lineup, while CBS claimed another overall audience victory. The Disney-owned broadcaster was first in ratings with a 1.3 rating/5 share in the advertiser-coveted demographic and second in total viewers with an average of 5.1 million, according to preliminary numbers. Also Read: Ratings: 'Empire'. »


- Tony Maglio

Permalink | Report a problem


Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey Discuss ‘Ellen’ Coming Out 20 Years Later

8 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

“I’m Ellen and I’m gay.”

In 2017, with “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” consistently ranking among the highest-rated syndicated TV shows and the film and television industry at large consistently working toward increased visibility of Lgbtq characters, a declaration of that sort doesn’t feel quite so jarring. But two decades ago, when Ellen Morgan — the quirky, sweater-vest-clad title character of DeGeneres’ then-sitcom, “Ellen” — spoke those words on network television, the confession was revolutionary.

To commemorate the 20th anniversary of the iconic five-word phrase that nearly destroyed — and later launched — her career, Degeneres sat down with Oprah Winfrey and Laura Dern (both of whom played integral characters to Ellen’s coming out story line) on “The Ellen Degeneres Show” Friday to discuss the repercussions of “The Puppy Episode.” »


- Emily Mae Czachor

Permalink | Report a problem


‘13 Reasons Why’: Canadian Schools Ban All Talk, Issue Warnings About Netflix Series

6 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

13 Reasons Why” is causing controversy in Canada after some schools have started warning parents about the graphic nature of the young adult adaptation, despite the show’s positive messages regarding bullying and suicide prevention.

After debuting on the streaming service on March 31, executive producer Selena Gomez’s hit series has become the subject of dispute at multiple Canadian school systems in less than a month. According to the CBC, St. Vincent Elementary School in Edmonton, Alberta, sent an email to the parents of sixth graders letting them know their students were prohibited from even mentioning the show on school grounds.

“The discussion that is unfolding at school is troubling. This series is rated Mature and the theme is the suicide of a high school student. This show includes graphic violence (rape) and gore, profanity, alcohol/drugs/smoking, and frightening/intense scenes,” read the letter. “The purpose of this email is to provide you with this information. Please »


- JD Knapp

Permalink | Report a problem


Gordon Ramsay to Open ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ Restaurant in Las Vegas

5 hours ago | Variety - TV News | See recent Variety - TV News news »

Gordon Ramsay is set to open a “Hell’s Kitchen” restaurant in Las Vegas at Caesar’s Palace, Ramsay announced Friday.

He unveiled the plans for the restaurant live to his fans on Facebook, with the new eatery expected to open this winter. To commemorate the announcement, Ramsay ignited his series’ 17-foot signature pitchfork, transported straight from the set of the Fox show, in the center of Caesars’ fountains. This marks Ramsay’s fifth Las Vegas restaurant and extends his partnership with Caesars Entertainment.

“Fans of the show have been asking us to bring a ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ restaurant to life since day one, so I’m thrilled to finally be doing it here at Caesars Palace,” Ramsay said. “A key element of the show’s success has always been the diners’ experience, so we are excited for guests in Las Vegas to feel like they too are part of the show – flames and all.”

Situated »


- Joe Otterson

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Sweet/Vicious’ Canceled By MTV After One Season

8 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

MTV finally has made a decision on its well received dark comedy Sweet/Vicious, opting not to renew the freshman series for a second season. The decision comes three months after MTV canceled the other two comedy series that debuted in 2016, Loosely Exactly Nicole and Mary + Jane, as the network is putting a stronger emphasis on unscripted and live programming. All three shows had been developed and picked up before Chris McCarthy took over the network in late October as… »


Permalink | Report a problem


Interview with a Vampire Could Realistically be a TV Show Soon

21 minutes ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

It’s hard to believe but it’s been 23 years since Interview with a Vampire was out in theaters.   Over two decades later in the age of the supernatural on television you’d think something from Anne Rice might have been adapted for the small screen by now.  It hasn’t….until now.  Paramount TV and Anonymous Content have optioned all 11 of of Rice’s novels that she’s been publishing since the 1970s to use as the basis of a new TV series.  According to io9 Rice will be one of the show’s executive producers and her son, Christopher Rice, will be the series’

Interview with a Vampire Could Realistically be a TV Show Soon »

- Nat Berman

Permalink | Report a problem


Watch Out Packers Fans: Aaron Rodgers Spotted with Kelly Rohrbach

1 hour ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

Only weeks after the announced breakup of Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn, Rodgers was spotted hitting the links with none other than Baywatch star Kelly Rohrbach.   Packers fans did a collective celebration on the internet once Munn and Rodgers called it quits.  Many took to social media proclaiming that the Packers would be world champions and that Rodgers would have one of his best seasons ever.   Sorry folks.  Olivia Munn is gorgeous but now you have the modern day Cj (Aka Pamela Anderson’s Baywatch character) to contend with. If you thought Rodgers was distracted by Munn, imagine what it’s going

Watch Out Packers Fans: Aaron Rodgers Spotted with Kelly Rohrbach »

- Nat Berman

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Real Time’: Elizabeth Warren Ignores Bill Maher’s “Pocahontas” Joke

1 hour ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Updated With Video Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren didn’t take the bait tonight when she appeared on HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher. She didn’t respond to Donald Trump’s earlier taunts, she didn’t answer Maher’s suggestion that she run for president – and she neither cracked a smile nor lashed back when Maher called her Pocahontas. Speaking about middle-class Trump voters, Maher said, in the one-on-one top-of-show interview with Warren, “They don’t like you… »

Permalink | Report a problem


WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms

1 hour ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Updated: Contract talks between the WGA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television producers have wrapped for the day, and sources tell Deadline  that the sides will return to the table Sunday. We hear that AMPTP negotiators will huddle together tomorrow, Saturday, for a meeting featuring reps for the companies before they head to a full-on negotiation session with the WGA on Sunday. “This thing is going to go to the wire,” says a source close to the talks. With… »

Permalink | Report a problem


Pilots 2017: Early Pre-Screenings Buzz

1 hour ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

We are heading into the most crucial days of the 2017 pilot season. At the broadcast networks, pilots are headed into screenings and more testing, which will help determine which projects will go to series. And at the AMPTP headquarters in Encino, reps for the TV studios and the WGA are wrapping up negotiations, which will determine whether the industry will be able to avoid a writers strike. While the two processes largely had been going separately on parallel tracks, as… »

Permalink | Report a problem


Songs That Jack You Up: Filter’s “Hey Man Nice Shot”

2 hours ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

You know what confuses me most about the song “Hey man, nice shot” by Filter?  That the song never had a better use in a movie.  The only movie it’s known to be in is the movie Cable Guy during the basketball scene.   This is just unacceptable.   Solid uses of the song in television took place in The X-Files, Supernatural and Tales from the Crypt “Demon Knight.”  But how in the world has this song not been better used in a film? I would think that David Fincher could find a scene where this song would fit in perfectly.   But

Songs That Jack You Up: Filter’s “Hey Man Nice Shot” »

- Nat Berman

Permalink | Report a problem


Danish Artist Hide Giants That He Makes From Wood In The Wilderness

3 hours ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

This is definitely one of the cooler displays of art I’ve seen this year.   Thomas Dambo is a Danish artist who works with recycled materials. Over the last 3 years he’s made 25 big recycled sculptures around the world. Recently he made 6 hidden giants in his hometown of Copenhagen.  Thomas describes the project as such: The sculptures are found in some of my favorite places around the city, places where people don’t go to often, because it’s off the beaten track. The sculptures can only be found by using a treasure map, or a poem engraved into a stone

Danish Artist Hide Giants That He Makes From Wood In The Wilderness »

- Nat Berman

Permalink | Report a problem


‘Orange Is The New Black’: Hacker Says He Stole New Season, Demands Ransom From Netflix

3 hours ago | Deadline TV | See recent Deadline TV news »

Orange is the new hack? Netflix is facing a cyber nightmare as a hacker claims to have stolen the upcoming fifth season of its popular prison dramedy and is demanding to be paid to keep it off the Internet ahead of its June 9 premiere. The Associated Press reports tonight that a person using the moniker The Dark Lord claims to have uploaded the first Season 5 episode of Orange Is the New Black to an illegal file-sharing service already, though AP said it could not confirm… »

Permalink | Report a problem


The Originals Recap: Party Monsters

3 hours ago | TVLine.com | See recent TVLine.com news »

Ain’t no party like a Mikaelson party, ‘cuz a Mikaelson party… literally always ends with someone’s bloody corpse being thrown off a balcony.

RelatedThe CW Sets Finale Dates for The Originals, The Flash and 8 Others

To be fair, we all knew that Klaus’ shindig on Friday’s episode of The Originals was doomed from the moment he announced that it was for “New Orleans’ most influential creatures.” (Like, how is that not going to end in bloodshed?) Not to mention, as Hayley astutely pointed out, it was a fake party to celebrate a fake truce with Marcel, the event’s special guest, »


Permalink | Report a problem


Megyn Kelly’s NBC Debut Will Be Interviewing The Kardashians

4 hours ago | TVovermind.com | See recent TVovermind.com news »

So much for bagging an interview with Vladimir Putin.  When Megyn Kelly debuts on NBC apparently she’s going to be beginning with none other than The Kardashians.  You have to remember folks, Megyn Kelly moderated a Presidential debate so I don’t think she’s going to have a tough time attracting major talent.  While The Kardashians might not be incredibly talented they are incredibly popular and their family is nothing short of a phenomenon. According to TMZ When Megyn Kelly makes her big NBC News debut in June her inaugural interview will be with none other than the Kardashian family. Well,

Megyn Kelly’s NBC Debut Will Be Interviewing The Kardashians »

- Nat Berman

Permalink | Report a problem


16 articles

  « Prev | Next »

IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners